Found a basket case 39 coup. Complete with rust, frozen-up orig engine/trans and numerous body "repairs". Starting from scratch, pulled it down to frame and had frame sandblasted. Replaced 'knee action' front suspension w/straight axle and leaf springs. Just cause 1) I wanted to 2) I wont have to 'rebuild' the shocks and replace the control arm shafts and bushings (did that on my '51 and it took me forever). Picked up real cheap (translation: junk) 350 and replaced block/crankshaft. Have Q-jet and modified manifold that might be ok with a little work. Gathering stuff together and just recently started getting serious, about the time I got the frame back from the sandblaster. Don't know what I'm going to do for rear end, but theres a 'U-pullem' parts yard over in Pasadena (Tx) makes for possibilities. Got a 57 SW rear end in my 51 that I found in a junkyard in southern Calif back in the 90's. Been happy as a pig in slop with that since I put it in, so probably do the same for the 39. Don't know if want to try to get away with using the orig rear leaf springs. Have found that they do not hold up well behind V8. Murphy's Law! and Murphy lives here and hangs out in my garage. I'll be getting some decent pictures as things get rolling along with this thing. I'm retired, so things don't have to happen TODAY, and I tend to do the major evolutions and heavy lifting in steps or increments so I don't have to go crying to the neighbor for held lifting something. We'll see what happens. Am open for suggestions on rearend (and everything else) as I know this is going to take me a long time.