Juki DDL-227 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2007, 10:55 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Juki DDL-227

I asked a friend to keep his eyes open for a used industrial sewing machine.He's working at a place that has about 10 Juki DDL-227 machines for sale. Would this be a good machine for interior work? I have no clue as to what to look for in a sewing machine other than the end that plugs into the wall.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2007, 08:36 PM
Acoustic Rock ... for real.

Last journal entry: About Fusible Links
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

There's one for sale on eBay for only $350.00 (Buy Now price) with the table and everything ... but it doesn't say anything about it having a walking foot or walking needle which I would certainly want to have if I was buying an industrial machine.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Lu-563 master

DDL-227 is not a walking foot machine, so I wouldn't recommended it, unless your just doing a bit of interior work, then you could maybe get by, getting nice consistent stitches would be an interesting feat.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:59 AM

Last photo:

Here is what I bought -- and the best deal I could find.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:35 AM
HOT ROD...... FROM A CHRYSLER?

Last wiki edit: Metal shaping
Last journal entry: FLOOR BEADS
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Thanks guys.I plan on using it only for interior work on future projects, a few interiors maybe.I think I will wait and get a walking foot machine as I've seen it mentioned many times on here. If I do my own interior work,I would insist on professional results.

Alan:That machine looks quite nice.Your write up is quite informative. It would be a little pricey up here in Canada. Maybe I should buy one for the wife for her birthday.
Do you think she'd catch on?

Pugsy
Old 05-02-2007, 09:31 AM
Lu-563 master

Hey Pugsy,
I just noticed your in Canada, I would talk to this guy:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZraphaelsewingQQhtZ-1
Raphael is super helpful, thats where I got my latest machine from, and I can't say enough good things about dealing with him. I'd drop him a email and tell him what you want to be able to do with your machine, hes got alot of them. I'm sure he can help you out, and hes not ridiculously far from ya.
Start watching all the buy and sells, I've seen a few good deals in those every now and then. Getting a compound walking foot would be a good decision, it'll make you alot happier.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:10 PM

Last photo:

Hey, Pugsy

You'll definitely want a walking foot/walking needle machine ... buy the Tacsew! Even if the wifey does catch on, it'll be worth it.

57Fairlane is right ... Raphael is all over eBay, doing a good job of things. But he sells a Techsew ... not the Tacsew -- what is that all about?

Again ... if you do buy the machine and the table -- DON'T buy their motor! Get a price for the machine and the table and then buy the SewQuiet motor I have posted on my page (linked above) -- Dan (DanTwoLakes) turned me on to that one and -- trust me -- it beats 'em ALL!!!
Old 05-02-2007, 06:03 PM

Last journal entry: The Chevy Bench Seat - Part 52
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by horvath
Hey, Pugsy

You'll definitely want a walking foot/walking needle machine ... buy the Tacsew! Even if the wifey does catch on, it'll be worth it.
I only wish I had fallen into this sewing machine deal when my daughters were still young and living with us. They love to sew (one of them owns a costume shop and she makes all of the costumes they rent and sell) but they live 400 miles away. Who knows what might have happened?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horvath
Get a price for the machine and the table and then buy the SewQuiet motor I have posted on my page (linked above) -- Dan (DanTwoLakes) turned me on to that one and -- trust me -- it beats 'em ALL!!!
I've been going to ask you about that motor, Alan. I take it that you like it, huh?

My first question would be, is it a variable speed motor? Yeah, I still need to slow things down a bit, but I don't want to do it by slipping the clutch on my motor. I'm torn between replacing the pully on my motor and going with the servo motor, and any help you could give me would be, as usual, greatly appreciated.

Oh, and have you got the truck in for paint yet? (Off topic for this forum, I know, but give me a break, will ya...?)
Old 05-02-2007, 07:16 PM

Last photo:

Hey, Mark

The truck should be going off this weekend ... I'll be posting progress and updates on it Here

The SewQuiet motor rocks!!! Not only is it a variable speed servo motor but it has 6 different speed settings plus a "tweak knob" ... set it on #1 (slowest) and it literally crawls -- one stitch at a time -- slow as a snail! I love it! It's $150 with free shipping and comes with 2 different size pulleys, too.

With my other servo motor, I could crawl for about 5-6 stitches ... then it would bog down, I'd have to give it more juice and, suddenly, it would take off on me like a bat out of H-E-double-toothpicks! The SewQuiet doesn't freak out like that.

The other cool thing about servo motors is that they only run when you are sewing ... clutch motors run *all* the time.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.