Hot Rod Forum banner

Juki LU-256

7K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dusty82 
#1 ·
I have a chance to pick up a Juki LU-256. Was wondering if this machine will handle occasional interior work?

You thoughts and comments are welcome.

#2 ·
I can't find a Juki LU-256 anywhere online. Are you sure that's the right model number? I think the LU refers to a lockstitch with unison feed, but I'm not sure. If this is an industrial walking foot machine it will do auto upholstery. Juki makes a good sewing machine. It would be better than a Singer or Consew, and not quite as good as a Pfaff. What you want is a machine with a reasonable lift height,(at least 1/2") good throat depth, (around 9 to 10") and reverse. Reverse is not absolutely necessary, but sure come in handy.

#4 ·
The one I found on the internet does not have reverse, does yours? In any case, it will work just fine for you. Don't pay more than $800 for it with a table. Good luck.

#5 ·
I have a Juki LU-562, and it is an industrial walking foot machine that does indeed have reverse. It'll be up to all the interior work you can throw at it. I've seen them for sale with motor and table from anywhere from $750 to $1200. The thing weighs a ton, and looks to be ding-donged near bulletproof. If you do get it, take DanTwoLakes' advice and have it checked out, cleaned, adjusted, and timed by a professional before you try to do anything with it. I did that with mine and it cost me $90, and I got it back in about 5 days. Just make sure you take it to a shop that specializes in industrial walking foot machines and you'll be okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.