July Art Contest, Chevelles, Any Year, Make Or Model, any Style - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Geez louise, allready would be way over my head, with that first entry, but I'll try to join in on this one.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 08:52 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIEKID
Holy crap GrafixxMan, you made it close to impossible for us little guys (mainly me) to win this competition. But, they are some awesome drawings. You or Only Racing usuallly get my pick for the month, due to the great art you all produce. Hope to see more art, mine will be finished here shortly. Good Luck to everyone.

--BTK--
Thanks for the kudo's Bowtie, I'm always in awe at Tylers work myself, I never vote for myself and usually go for the underdog. I like the new style, I've been doing way too many black websites, a bright image is pleasing for me right now, lol. BTW, the original pic you used is really very good, nice depth of field in it. Good luck and feel free to do some more.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:50 PM
3rd gen gear head

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing
Thanks for the kudo's Bowtie, I'm always in awe at Tylers work myself, I never vote for myself and usually go for the underdog. I like the new style, I've been doing way too many black websites, a bright image is pleasing for me right now, lol. BTW, the original pic you used is really very good, nice depth of field in it. Good luck and feel free to do some more.
Yes, I feel bad if I vote for myself. But, I was just trying something new, compared to motion blurs and adjusting color levels. And yes, the original pic was a very nice picture. (I didn't take it), but the picture was taken about 37 miles from home. At Beech Bend Raceway.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:04 PM
Wolf in Hot Rodders upholstery

Last journal entry: Tail light issues
Last photo:

Congrats OnlyRacing!

This is not my entry...just one for inspiration!

I'm gonna have fun with this one!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	66 SS BA1-2000.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	39266  
Old 07-08-2009, 01:06 AM
3rd gen gear head

Last photo:

Man, all this talk of chevelles got me thinking about my Malibu... I have a 78 Malibu, which we are dropping the engine in it, later on today. My next process, will be paint. I'm thinking, a butternut yellow all over, with weld wheels, and limo tint. Also, dropped about 2 inches more in the front. But, I'm not 100% on the butternut yellow. Any ideas on paint schemes? (No Pink, Green, or Hugger Orange)
Old 07-08-2009, 09:33 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWTIEKID
Man, all this talk of chevelles got me thinking about my Malibu... I have a 78 Malibu, which we are dropping the engine in it, later on today. My next process, will be paint. I'm thinking, a butternut yellow all over, with weld wheels, and limo tint. Also, dropped about 2 inches more in the front. But, I'm not 100% on the butternut yellow. Any ideas on paint schemes? (No Pink, Green, or Hugger Orange)
That illustration that Graphixxman did of the lower image is an offshoot of butternut yellow, the car is actualy real and there is a litle tint in the color, Alot didn't like it at first but after two races, they loved it. BTW, that car was an original ss396 with air, low miles car. I like it but the year you are talking really needs some thought.

Hey Forty, I'm right there with you, I bet I know what's on your mind for that year if you are using that year.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:22 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

My Entries ...

Looks like we have an early start this month. I also owned a Chevelle. It was a '66 396 SS yellow with a black top. Very cool car and wished I still owned it. I have a few entries again this month. The yellow '65 was actually done about a week before the contest started. It's a photo from my friend Howard, AKA Kid Deuce so no time was needed on that one. The other two were done this week. If time permits, may try to add one or two more.

So far there have been some really great entries. Each month you guys keep raising the bar. Hope to see plenty more later down the line. Good luck to everyone.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevy Chevelle Gasser.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	274.8 KB
ID:	39271   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chevelle3.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	272.7 KB
ID:	39272   Click image for larger version

Name:	1981 El Camino.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	289.4 KB
ID:	39273  
Old 07-08-2009, 07:25 PM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

holy crap people are getting their stuff in really early this month
Old 07-08-2009, 10:26 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodler
holy crap people are getting their stuff in really early this month
I'll buy that for a dollar too Doodler, I haven't even started. Boy this ones gonna be tough, but great entries already for the month. I really need to get Jon to open up the polls so more can be listed instead of grouped into one.

Lemme know how you guys feel, if it's a downfall to have all of your images included into one main vote or seperated, I'm not good with voting on polls or how people percieve it, I don't want to see anyone short changed.
Old 07-08-2009, 10:30 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
Looks like we have an early start this month. I also owned a Chevelle. It was a '66 396 SS yellow with a black top. Very cool car and wished I still owned it. I have a few entries again this month. The yellow '65 was actually done about a week before the contest started. It's a photo from my friend Howard, AKA Kid Deuce so no time was needed on that one. The other two were done this week. If time permits, may try to add one or two more.

So far there have been some really great entries. Each month you guys keep raising the bar. Hope to see plenty more later down the line. Good luck to everyone.

Bob
You guys are killing me, great additions 57, really cool gasser style Chevelle, I know you do those from pics, is it real or did you PS it.

I had quite a few Chevelles also, A blown 68 (wanted the 69 real bad), A red 70 fake SS convert, just for fun. And a Malibu for a beater, lol.

I thought the 70's would be the one for this month myself but you guys are going all over the board of years, great job guys.
Old 07-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing
You guys are killing me, great additions 57, really cool gasser style Chevelle, I know you do those from pics, is it real or did you PS it.

I had quite a few Chevelles also, A blown 68 (wanted the 69 real bad), A red 70 fake SS convert, just for fun. And a Malibu for a beater, lol.

I thought the 70's would be the one for this month myself but you guys are going all over the board of years, great job guys.
No tricks from me on this ..... that's the actual photo.
Old 07-12-2009, 09:37 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
No tricks from me on this ..... that's the actual photo.
Please tell the owner for me, A really awesome car, love the gasser look and fenderwell headers.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:11 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Well guys, I think I just came to the conclusion that I'm not going to make it this month so I thinkI should just stop kidding myself that I could, lol. Please keep adding art and I'll get the posting for the contest ready as it comes close to the end.

Play on Guys.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:31 PM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress

No artwork, but I LOVE Chevelles!

This was my first car (bought it when I was 15) and it turned out to be my first paintjob circa 1980, 4 color, Arcylic Laquer with clear coat. No tape lines on the stripes too!

Before:

After:

Old 07-18-2009, 09:09 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

That's great, the old snorkel and the Crager SS/T's. Back in my day they were the "stuff"

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.