Hot Rod Forum banner

July Hotrodders Art Contest 50's / 60's Diggers, Gassers, Funny Cars "Anything Goes"

12K views 43 replies 11 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 ·
July Hotrodders Art Contest 50's / 60's Diggers, Gassers, Funny Cars "Anything Goes"

The proud winner of the June Hotrodders.com Art Contest "Johnny Jalopy" made his choice for this "July Edition" with his overwhelming victory now taking it to the members to create artwork based on his chosen criteria of 1950's / 60's Drag Racing, Diggers, Gassers, Funny Cars "Anything Goes".

This is a very open competition with many styles and idea's / themes available to the members for the fans of the contest. The contest begins now July 3rd and ends on July 26th with the polls opening for voting in a new thread featuring each artist’s artwork. Polls close automatically and a winner is chosen. This contest is open to all forms of art, any style, from sketch to digital, photos to scale models, all media is welcome, as we now have a poll which extends to 25 different members available to be involved in each contest, so get your work in early and most of all have some fun amongst friends !!

Also please note, that this month I will personally be donating a $25.00 Visa / Master Card gift card to the winner as a token of my appreciation for competing, paid as soon as the artist supplies his mailing information via PM to me, mailing information will be kept confidential of course or you can choose to append it to the Hotrodders.com freedom of speech lawsuit fund on your behalf , it's totally up to the winner.

See less See more
#27 ·
Cool guys, keep them coming, I had to shoot an event this weekend and well just got finished writing and uploading the pics, wow, a long hot weekend, would have been happier sitting at the comp, lol. Track temps were over 138 degrees all day, heat index of 104 and steady sun.

#41 ·
Due to our rolling blackouts from the heat here in PA from the extensive heat and AC usage I wasn't able to get on the net until now to post mine, it has no chance but I decided I would do a study in black and white with my favorite gasser taken at Atco raceway during the Nostalgia drags, box nva's are great subjects. this is my take on the monochramatic look and since it's basically what I do and we've done many different styles here's my contribution, one for the web and one in larger 1440 X960 wide screen.

Moon Eyes Nova

Larger 1440 X 960 wallaper
http://content.godragracing.org/nova-black-white.jpg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.