Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Junes Hot Rod Art Contest 1957 Chevy
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2008, 01:39 PM
oldsmobile compatible

Last wiki edit: Selling your car Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 29

Nice 2057! Makes me think of the "modern" one Boyd made - the Chezoom.

I like yours more. That's a hell of a windshield!

As for the Solo, I'd be a little worried about tipping over in that thing around corners. I thought of some ways to fix this. Not all are good solutions.

1. Make a mechanism where the car would lean into the turn.

Verdict: Not an option. I remember in the 80's Yamaha made a three wheel scooter: one in the front and two close together behind. The rear ones were on a pivot so as to allow the scooter to corner. It didn't work. It the rear wheels would buckle instead so they took it off the market. Although that might have been because the thing was powder blue.

2. Make the body slide off the chassis like a pendulum with the pivot in the front. The the sharper the turn, the more the rear or the car swings out.

Verdict: Not good. Sensors would be needed to calculate how far to swing out depending on the speed = too complicated. Plus when you make a right turn, the rear might take out the guy on the sidewalk waiting to cross the street. That would scratch your paint job.

3. Make it a two wheeler.

Verdict: Possibile. It would be a motorcycle with a 57 chev looking fairing. Might be bulky to handle. Good for parades.

4. Buy a Nash Metropolitan.

Verdict: Not an option.