Hot Rod Forum banner

Junk yard car. What is this? Mopar? picture

5K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Too Many Projects 
#1 ·
roadrunner,coronet, i have no idea,, rotting away.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
69 charger.

68 had little round marker lights.

I'll bet the gas cap is covered up by that pie pan.

68-9 Road Runner had squarish taillights , angled some. (i had a 68 :thumbup: )

Later, mikey

#6 ·
blazin72 said:
Ditto on the Charger. Could be a 70 though (I think?). I believe they had the same taillights as the 69s.
70 charger had bigger marker lights.

Roofline is different on the coronets.Google image search can make ID'ing this stuff real eeeasy. Even for an R-tard like me. :D

You liked that pic eh?

It's too bad it wasn't a 68.

I found an even better pic of one of those.
Coulda been it's twin.

Mikey

#13 ·
The round taillights and the recessed rear window, plus the snap release for the gas filler tell me the picture I'm seeing is 1968 Dodge Charger.

I'll never forget it, I had one and should never have let it get away.
Whoops, there are two different pics here, must have gotten them mixed up.
Looking again the first pic has an object where the gas filler cap would be so I can't use that but the recessed rear window still suggests a charger, maybe a 69 or 70 judging by the shape of the hole where a marker light would go. With the taillights missing best way would be to get under the hood and record the VIN and any other numbers there.

#14 ·
Holy freak'in crap!!!

I was concerned that the "Picture game thread" might die a sad and lonely death, there's hope for it yet!!

This tread has been exhumed fom the bowels of archive oblivion.

These are the Chrysler Valiant Chargers that we had here down in AUS in the mid '70s
They were also our first Highway Patrol cars.....

Duke

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.