Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - junkyard gurus, I need help!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:44 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
FYI the turbo 2.3 have forged pistons. But they are dished. My svo mustang had 2.3 turbo in it. in 86 it was faster than the v8. Made over 300 hp with stock turbo and head gasket.

Ford motorsports makes a great roller cam for the n/a 2.3

If your serious I know someone with an after market 2.3 liter head. Not sure if its for sale but I know you cant find them anywhere. Not like this. But also totaly custom. Stock intake and exhuast does not bolt up. WIth the head and the 2500 kit I here they can make almost 300 puppies without the turbo if built right. One thing is for sure that engine will take some abuse.
I'm basically running a rebuilt turbo short block with a heavily reworked stock head. Currently running a 1406 Edelbrock carb on a gutted out and modded EFI intake, a cut and spliced "ranger header" and a 240/240 @.050" .504" cam. the fuel pump is a tiny POS and it starves for fuel pretty easily (like even in the driveway). Currently have a locked out TFI ignition but will have EDIS as soon as I get all the wiring done. Plan to swap to Keihin CVR carbs after I get it running good on the 1406 and EDIS done first.

Last edited by ap72; 11-28-2012 at 08:49 PM.