Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - junkyard gurus, I need help!
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
I'm basically running a rebuilt turbo short block with a heavily reworked stock head. Currently running a 1406 Edelbrock carb on a gutted out and modded EFI intake, a cut and spliced "ranger header" and a 240/240 @.050" .504" cam. the fuel pump is a tiny POS and it starves for fuel pretty easily (like even in the driveway). Currently have a locked out TFI ignition but will have EDIS as soon as I get all the wiring done. Plan to swap to Keihin CVR carbs after I get it running good on the 1406 and EDIS done first.
Got ya. I usally deck the blocks for street build to raise the compression. If your doing edis get a ranger 2 plug head they make more power. Careful there are some gotcha to the swap.

I love itbs and bike carbs but your going to have some issues tuning for a low compression low rpm engine. You may need to drill the idle air ports tp make that work. Or under size them a little if they are from a bike.

The four barrel manifolds actually work well. You can buy a real good four barrel and a good webber setup. Im sure you seen this site they are the go to ppl for 2.3 unless your trying to 9 k rpm then its ford motorsport beleive it or not. Since they use the 2.3 in a indy style race car ford supported.

Sorry for crappy link.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ng-catalog.pdf