Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - junkyard gurus, I need help!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 08:10 AM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
Got ya. I usally deck the blocks for street build to raise the compression. If your doing edis get a ranger 2 plug head they make more power. Careful there are some gotcha to the swap.

I love itbs and bike carbs but your going to have some issues tuning for a low compression low rpm engine. You may need to drill the idle air ports tp make that work. Or under size them a little if they are from a bike.

The four barrel manifolds actually work well. You can buy a real good four barrel and a good webber setup. Im sure you seen this site they are the go to ppl for 2.3 unless your trying to 9 k rpm then its ford motorsport beleive it or not. Since they use the 2.3 in a indy style race car ford supported.

Sorry for crappy link.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ng-catalog.pdf
The head has already been done so I'm sticking with it, if I ever do decide to change the engine rather than modify this one I way just swap in a Zetec 2.0L.

The compression is at like 9.8:1 so its not too bad- I'm more worried about tuning the carbs with the big cam than anything else.