Hot Rod Forum banner

junkyard gurus, I need help!

6K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  ap72 
#1 ·
I need a cheap high volume low pressure external fuel pump. I believe Ford used them on some trucks? maybe GM did too? I just need a list of vehicles to check when I head to the yard.

I looked at new fuel pumps but this is probably only for temporary use so I cant justify spending $75+ when a $10 yard pump will work just fine. Plus I like using junkyard parts- seems more hotrodderery to me.

#4 ·
My ski boat uses a low pressure high volume pump to keep a cannister with a fuel filter, and the high pressure fuel pump inside full of gas. This cannister just has a hose that opens back to the gas tank, and fuel just gets dumped back in the tank. Any air that makes it to the cannister also get dumped back in the tank.
this is a picture of the low pressure fuel pump, with the top place removed to clean a screen inside the pump.

This post has been deleted
#12 ·
I'm going to try and set the intake runner length as close to the ideal length as I can- maybe a hair longer since it is on the street. That's secondary right now to me getting it sorted out first with TFI and the edelbrock carb, then EDIS, then the bike carbs.

I'm also in the middle of painting the 280z and the Bobcat too- a LOT on my plate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.