Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Junkyard mods...Twin M90 Supercharger 302
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 01:37 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I wouldn't accept that premise. The GT40 and GT40p's are good cylinder heads, and have been used with forced induction of all types for years.

Me, if I were using a Roots style or screw compressor style supercharger that boosted right off idle, I'd go for something that was a little larger in port runner than what would be normally run since you don't have to worry about port velocity ( the superchargers will see to that ) and then cam accordingly.

For example, I'd do something crazy like find a solid 190cc intake or larger head ( up to 225cc as long as it wasn't something that I had to get special headers for it ). If it was naturally aspirated, it'd run like a 4 valve Cobra, kinda low on bottom end torque. But since the boost curve is flat from the time you hit the gas till speeding ticket time, plenty of torque from the bottom to the top. Besides, with all that port area, you can make more power on less boost, which means less heat and detonation sensitivity.

Just a thought.