Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Junkyard mods...Twin M90 Supercharger 302
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2011, 06:05 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

As long as you are not running excessive intake temperatures with too lean of a A/F ratio, you'll be OK. It seems Fords and forced induction belong together.

With what you have listed in the original post, except maybe for the Performer intake, the combo is solid. You didn't mention about how much boost you want to run and how high you wanted to rev the thing. If you keep a 6000 rpm or so limit and the boost level low, you may not have to go to an aftermarket block.

There was a turbo 351 combo that I was in the process of putting together a few years ago that was centered around a set of Ford Racing's N351 iron heads ( 379.00 a piece ). These need a few special pieces to run, but running mild boost and a custom cam it sim'd out at over 640hp. I too was a fan of the TooHighPsi.com crew, especially after the 900.00, PVC piped turbo 351W they put together.

Intake wise, I'd go single plane just because the superchargers are going to be doing the work, and the air and fuel does not need to be "tricked" anymore to produce velocity at atmospheric pressure. If you want to go dual plane, the Performer Rpm for a heavier car or if you are going to be cruising off boost most of the time.

Wonder what your motor would do with a pair of ex-Terminator Cobra blowers?

Last edited by cleanspeed1; 07-08-2011 at 06:16 AM.