Hot Rod Forum banner

Just another Saab story... freebie though

813 views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  ViperMonster800 
#1 ·
I have just obtained a free 1993 Saab 9000 CSE w/ 2.3L turbo, automatic, 239,000 miles. Yes I know, a lot of mileage but it looks so good I want to make a profit or impress my girlfriend for a change. :mwink:

My transmission issues are that it doesn't really have any driving gears. It has reverse, I can fly in reverse with that turbo kickin in but it just doesn't really have a driving gear. It does engage but very slightly. I messed with it in a parking lot (before I pushed it home with my Caprice wagon :D ) and I would slightly press the gas and I would feel it move just hairs at a time. I would let it sit in neutral and it would do nothing. It has no problem with reverse though.

Now when I got it from my friend, he told me the guy he got it from had replaced some sorta rubber transmission lines with normal rubber hose that couldn't stand the pressure of the transmission and the hose would flop around. I tried looking for it but I didn't see anything. I should probably start off with changing the filter and gasket and fluid and get back to yall. I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them on their Saab.

I also have engine issues (labelled as Another Saab story... but it was a freebie). Just try to give me the best logical guess. Thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
Pictures Anyone!? Saab Expert??? Are You There?

I have an evenly square hole in my transmission in plain view from in front of the car. I can see straight into the bellhousing, watching the torque converter spin. I want to say theres supposed to be something there but I haven't found a detailed enough picture. I've looked up and down on eBay and image searching on Yahoo. Does anyone at least know what is supposed to be there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.