Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - just begining
Thread: just begining
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Any large scale projects I've taken on; I bag it, tag it and take lots of pictures. Additionally, I write a "To Do" list on a white board, broken down by systems, and a prospective date to start. Adjust accordingly and OFTEN
This keeps you on task, and gives you a continual sense of accomplishment and the ability to compartmentalize the whole thing (smaller chunks) Keep you from getting overwhelmed, without skipping steps if you need to say Stop the body work because its too cold outside, you can recover your seats in the basement instead.
Heres a basic list. Keep it orderly, keep track of your expenses, your receipts and keep a journal with the car so you can write down your experience. "I hate XYZ Parts, this fender didnt fit at all, lost 2 weeks making it right. I love Auto Gear, they got the thing done and invited me to bring the car down to the Nationals" When you're done, you can relive the experience. I spent 5yrs refurbishing a car with my dad in my late teens and early 20s. it was a great gift, to have stories of my own to share about his car, along with his. We don't own hot rods, so much as we're their caretaker now. Its important to pass that stuff on to your kids or the new owner.

Engine
-drop off shortblock June 1st
-Rebuild carb (June - July) Done May 17th
-buy edelbrock heads, intake (April) Done
-Assemble Longblock (July 1st)
**Note from May 17th: Need 1 inch aircleaner spacer to clear linkage - add to next Jegs order along with edelbrock fuelfilter and line kit)

Trans
NO OIL IN UNIT!!!! - Added Oil May 1st (1qt of Stay-Lube GL4 non Synth)
-Drop off at Auto Gear for clean/inspect (April 1st) Done
-Order Overhaul Kit (April 14th) Done
-Pick up is scheduled for May 1st Done

Brakes

Rear Axle

Driveshaft

Interior

Fuel System

Bodywork
- Fenders
-Left
-Right