Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Just bought a new compressor--how bad did I do?
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 12:12 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Just bought a new compressor--how bad did I do?

So I was walking the aisles of Costco today and something just jumped onto my flat truck. And by "jumped", I mean picked up and placed there by me.

Bought their "Master Power" by "Cooper Tools" compressor. The thing is supposed to be rated for 5.6 cfm @ 90 and 6.8 @ 40psi.

Essentially, I am picking this up for one job and one job only. I getting it to power This HVLP gun Thoughts?

The compressor itself is warranted for 3 years, so Im not too worried about it taking a dump two years down the line. Im just not in the place in my life where Im looking to buy a high quality compressor right now (Im still in school and rent a house that doesnt have a garage.)

The reason for this guy was that he was cheap ($100), portable, and oiled. The paint project is small and I plan on doing it a body panel at a time. The gun claims it only needs 5cfm at 60psi, so Im hoping this can keep up, but I think it will probably be close. Im hoping that painting a panel at a time will give it time to catch back up.

So, does anyone know anything about Cooper tools or Master Power in general? Or did I just buy a no-name POS?

Additionally, does anyone have any thoughts on the gun?

Once I get around to it, I'll write a review of the unit if folks are interested.

Cheers.
-Mike