Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Just Got My Head Back - Should I Be P****d??
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_8u View Post
Oh. almost forgot

The engine is....

1998cc (122cu)
6 cylinder
12 valve
pushrod
All cast iron

Original output was 104hp I believe!!

Looking to rebuild it as best as possible - thinking 160hp would be very optimistic in this car, 130-140hp being more realistic

Quite a beast!! haahaa
Carb or injection. V6 can make good power. Gm 4.3 and the 3.8 will take a lot of boost if you decide to go turbos. But with higher compression and good cam most of the v6 will step out and make some good power. 160 hp is possible with carb setup with efi you will need tuning before you get a cam that is going to make any real power. But a solid 130 qill be very nice in small car or truck or at least a lot better than it was.

For anything more than 150 hp then sbc may work better but emissions with odb2 vehicles is not that easy to fix. Where i live if it shows a v6 under the hood and has a v8 it fails before they plug into the comuter. Same holds true for engines without odb2 computers installed. When they should be they will ot sniff the car if odb2 fails for 97 and later.

You may want to think about porting the stock intake while its apart. Was any port work done on the heads.