Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Just Got My Head Back - Should I Be P****d??
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Old & Furious

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant_8u View Post
Cost me 1k (british money)

Work requested....

Ported
Skimmed
New valves
New springs
New guides
3 angle seats

Work actually done......

Ported
Skimmed
Two new valves
Seats cut

I'd been told these heads flow around 70cfm at 0.450" and this chappie can get them flowing over 90cfm....I paid my money and took my chances
Ok sorry thoguht you had earlier motor. 1000 pounds sounds like alot for the work you got but right for the job you requested. Doesnt sound right i think they billed for one thing and only did the work for normal repair. Might want to ask them what happends since they did not complete the work but charged full price. I would just get the difference back in cash and run what you got with turbo or just stock.

I think i would skip getting work done at this shop again if they cant work outnthis issue quickly. Sounds like they did the cheap back on the road again rebuild and not any performance work. Also all shops should charge for hot tank/acid dip so the parts can be properly inspected visually. If not thay are doing hack work. Seems like 500 uk should of got that job done and then some. But i am not sure about uk prices. In my local area machine work is expensive and they only want to do stock rebuilds. Still 500 us would get that work done locally in some areas of the us it could be done a lot cheaper.