Hot Rod Forum banner

just got a Singer 211 G 165

10K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  DanTwoLakes 
#1 ·
After a little research then searching Craigslist etc... i picked up a Singer 211G165 (no reverse model) with a table and a box of stuff for $360.

It hadn't been used for 4 or 5 years, so after downloading a manual and searching google i got it oiled, setup, running and stitching what it think is good.

Funny every specific Google question i searched led to this forum, so i figured i better join learn......

here's a couple pics, if anyone can tell me something about it please do. how about the year? inside one cover it says made in germany

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
It's a single needle, lockstitch, compound feed, industrial sewing machine with a clutch motor. It looks like it has a foot pedal operated foot lift, instead of a knee lift. This machine is an improved model of the 111W that was the original industrial sewing machine that everybody and his brother has copied. Find the serial number, and I can tell you when it was built. It's at least 40 years old I would guess. This one looks to be in beautiful condition.

#8 ·
I have a Singer 212W140, and the serial number is stamped into the bed's casting right below the model number plate. Yours may be somewhere else, but it will be stamped into the casting somewhere. In this case, the serial number is PA924072. The only thing you need is the first two letters. PA to PY means this machine was built between 1954 and 1963. Because of the numbers, my guess would be this one was built in 1955 or 56.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.