Hot Rod Forum banner

Just had my heart ripped out ,I cant believe it.

6K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  shine 
#1 ·
Went to go look at my 84 Dodge Ram 150 tonight at my dads farm.

The cab doors floors no rust what so ever <I keep it up there for the space he said it was ok.

My main goal was to make a street lilred but in 1984 trim and step side

which I just found the frame yesterday fro 400 beautiful ,right .

If I dont make sense forgive me im very upset,and very hurt ,but who cares.

My brother lives on the farm rent free and has an 82 step side its scrap he let it go to he$$.

I pick up my little boy 10 years old ask him if he was interested in get the
dodge and bringing it to my garage up where I live.

He knew the plan and was very excited just like I was.

My truck was in the upper part of the field were it set out of the way of everything,I go up ,its dark now.

Then I see my window shield looked cracked thought the winter cold did it.

It was used for target practice and had 6 30/30 holes in the window shield
the cowl ,threw the seat threw the back into the extra parts I saved for it.

They blew out the back glass destroyed all my stuff in back,blew a hole in the dash then that bullet went threw the cab tearing the sheet metal.

Very strange thing the doors hood hood ornament stuff my brother needed for his truck was undamaged.

They also took all my loose change tools and my speakers,and I had a
M90 blower off a buick v-6 in the cab it was gone.

Got back in my Chevy truck and called my Dad and asked him what happened
he said "I dont anything about that your brother had guys over and thats all I know"
I said it was his gun that did the damage my brothers.The holes diameter
the damage and the slug stuck in the hood in back.

So my worthless father knew what happened,and DID NOTHING NOT EVEN CALL ME.

I keep my cool Told dad well Hes going to jail Ive had it You let him steal my tools and you did nothing im calling the State Police and pressing charges.

The I hung up,called the States and the officer was there in 30-45 minutes.
While I was waiting I tried to call my dad back at his girl friends house.

Told her that the State Police wanted to talk to him about it was he there.

The next few words out of that persons mouth goes like this ,You know that truck was all rusted up and not worth anything,and your dad had nothing to do with it.

I DID NOT LOSE MY KARMA focus focus ,after listening to her exceptional english I told her gotta go the police are here.

Told the officer what was going on who owned what and what happened.
We went back and he listed all the damages and the shooting points.

I have photos and the officer said is your brother home ,I dont know .

I still have Dalt with me and he right beside me so I cann cover him at all costs.

The officer proceeded to knock and guess he was home, My brother put the shooting on a guy that lived in the house with him.

They talked for a good 30 min,the officer came back out and told me that
he was trying to get me to take my property of the farm that dad owns.
Because he lives there,That didnt go over to good with the Officer

Under the law in PA you have to give notice and have papers to get rid of property,then its 90 days after that.

Good part ,The officer said if that slug matches your gun we will not be
talking later so tell me now what happened.
Well I didnt shoot the truck,but what if I did maybe part of it.

The next step I have to get a list of all that is destroyed and stolen

hes being charged with destruction of private property,Yes Im pressing charges.
So far what a DAY.Thanks for reading, If I lost you for give me ,very upset.
have a good day ,no joke.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats showing the love, I would not leave it there, my .02. It is reparable and still has no rust, rust is worse then a few holes.

Be the bigger man collect your property and always know the only one looking out for you is that face in the mirror you shave everyday. Not the government, family (some) your boss or that big grinning neighbor that waves as you go in and out of the hood. Loads of scumbags walking the earth these days, be smart and aware.

#4 ·
Well, first off its just a thing. A 30 year old truck sitting on a farm is nothing to call your father "worthless" over. Even if he had called you, wouldn't have changed the fact that the truck was all shot up.

Personally I don't see the draw in shooting up a perfectly good vehicle, some real stupidity involved here. If for no other reason than you're making a mess out of your property and your belongings. I think your brother needs to make this right. You can't just get drunk, call your friends over and start shooting things; adults take responsibility for these sorts of things.

Smells like a lack of respect and a lack of pride in one's property. Just my .02, need to have a sit-down with that brother of yours.

K

#7 ·
I kind of have a different perspective on this. First pray for your brother that he gets better. You live on your own, and sounds like you have a family and are independent. Your brother however is living at home at his age. Who would you rather be? He raged like a child and shot up the truck, like all the others have said, just tell him to make good on it. If he doesn't then move on, lesson in life, if he does, win win situation. I hope for the best tough to see families torn apart. Sometimes it's tough to be the bigger man.

#8 ·
Im really trying

Little back round may shed some light on my family.

Not my son and daughter they are my life,to me they have more meaning than anything else.They will always be first in my life.

My father,What im about to write is not fiction and I would never ever lie
for what Im about to say, and Maybe Im wrong for writing this but
these action have brought back very bad memory.

And please forgive my writing my Xanax is trying to keep me from getting sick.

I love my father very much but the abuse that me and my brothers suffered from an alcoholic mother and a father that never took care of our dental and medical needs as a child is to me now appalling and disgusting.

Hes the main reason I started lifting weights 10 years ago to fight abuse
Check out my photo on profile at Pennstate weight comp.

I suffer from PTSD now for the past 35 years of my life,Im now 43 and Im alone and I dont miss the carnage that I grew up with.

Stolen tools and truck;

A year ago I went to the farm were my truck sat ,my brothers tool box
was open inside the barn,were my 440 spare parts sat.(with permission)
I looked in the drawer and saw my tools out of my toolbox that was in storage in a spare room, My tool box is one of the biggest craftsman
boxes made,and it was barred up with locks to keep people out while I go to college.The locks didnt work the family cut the locks of and he filled his box with my Industrial tools Mac WHIA Craftsman

I pulled them out of his box after I took pics with a cheap cam I had.

I held up the wrenches with my name and tag number on them.

The photos I took last night have to be print out and taken to the body shop to see how much it would cost to replace and paint everything back to what it was.

I have photos of my truck before all this to prove that it was in great shape
and not a junker.

The burden of proof is actually on me to proof the truck wasnt damaged in the first place,funny.

As for the charges it is a crimal mischief so far but if the cost to fix and replace the holes is 1000-5000 its a felony ,2 years jail time.

When I first saw the damage I thought ok a hunter shoot it up but no other cars on the property was damaged.
For 30-45 seconds I was furious,but I didnt loose my head.
I find violence appalling and unnecessary.

Plus my son was with me.Hes my buddy.My girl is my Spartan.

The next phase after the charges, I have to sue to get reparations for the damages and stolen goods.
That gets filed at District court .

1 NOTE the State Police Officer who was there for me treated me with respect and honor .Very Professional .As I did to him.

This guy is Aces ,so any States out there Thank You.

I REALLY WANTED THAT CAB BAD ,now it makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it.

Guys you have a great day and Thank you for advice .02 means alot to me.

Im sorry but I cant let this go by without someone to pay for shooting up my truck.
I want justice not revenge that breeds hate ,very bad Karma. :(

#9 ·
bigblockragtop said:
I kind of have a different perspective on this. First pray for your brother that he gets better. You live on your own, and sounds like you have a family and are independent. Your brother however is living at home at his age. Who would you rather be? He raged like a child and shot up the truck, like all the others have said, just tell him to make good on it. If he doesn't then move on, lesson in life, if he does, win win situation. I hope for the best tough to see families torn apart. Sometimes it's tough to be the bigger man.
I couldn't agree more. You can cut ties and move on without rage or confrontation. I don't have family that goes to these extremes but I do have some that only come around when they want something. I'm polite but don't fall for the act. :rolleyes:

#10 ·
You mad bro?(General Martok) Sorry this is an expression is what my kids say when they are driving me crazy, it fit for you and your brother. You beat the chain of abuse, forget the cops and the charges apparently you will have to sue, garnisheer salaries etc. Stop looking back you can't change what happened in the past but you can change what happens tomorrow. Ask for the tools back and money to pay for the truck or help to fix them if that does not work move on. If we all started a thread on how nutsy our family was we would need a whole other forum. Looking forward to seeing pictures of that truck bullet holes and all so you can say this is the before wait til it's done!

#11 ·
Today is Sunday

Day of rest ,think of just giving up on the project all together.

I guess I have to make clear Im not out for revenge, vengeance

destroys everyone around and leaves a bad taste in your mouth after you

have do thing that later your self will regret.I have personally experienced

this first hand.

New info,the friend that supposedly put the first couple of shots threw the

truck is in diesel school in OHIO :rolleyes: if he is and the charge is felony

2 he loses his school, the government will pull all funding to felons.

Somebody is going to pigeon I wonder who.

The pics are being blown up today and get the estament tomorrow on the

repair cost as well as the stolen equipment.

I have a question for you guys,and be truthful.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?Any suggestions, violence is totally out of the question.

Have a good Sunday.

#12 ·
Well I am not sure if you mean me when you say "you guys" but. It sounds like drunken stupidity that caused this mess. To ruin the guys life by having him kicked out of school to me is extreme. Talk to him first and let him know that you know what he did and ask if he would he make it right. If he comes out a diesel mechanic maybe he will make the money to pay for what he did. To me if you are asking other people what their opinion is then you are second guessing what you are thinking of doing. What is the damage for real $500? $1000. What is your time worth you will have to go to court and even if you prove he did the damage and win then you have to go after him to get the money. Tell your brother and this guy to make things right, otherwise move on. This is a material item they did not hurt you or your children, unless you let them.

#13 ·
bigblockragtop said:
You mad bro?(General Martok) Sorry this is an expression is what my kids say when they are driving me crazy, it fit for you and your brother. You beat the chain of abuse, forget the cops and the charges apparently you will have to sue, garnisheer salaries etc. Stop looking back you can't change what happened in the past but you can change what happens tomorrow. Ask for the tools back and money to pay for the truck or help to fix them if that does not work move on. If we all started a thread on how nutsy our family was we would need a whole other forum. Looking forward to seeing pictures of that truck bullet holes and all so you can say this is the before wait til it's done!

I see your point and sorry for this emotional thread,Im not mad yet just very sad and disappointed in everything that happened is happening.
This was going to be my dream project Lilred with 440 5speed 391 Dana 60
red and black paint with AC in cab.I was going to use the 84 design because it was sweet design and no rust on cab to fix a huge plus on these trucks.
The 1 fender had minor rust and the core support but I had replacements on standy thats the ones that had the slug buried in them,they were origanals
off a RAMCHARGER.

Attachments

#14 ·
I would get the truck out of there legally of course.ASAP.Get it home. Make your decision later. Not now with all the duress you are under.
I understand all to well about living with alcoholism. Dont react to them...act on your own instinct. When you re-act to them , it leaves them in control and will lead to nothing but chaos. That keeps them in control.
Take charge, quietly methodically, dont waste your life on people who are living in the "stinkin thinkin" mind set. It will only bring you down.
The truck is repairable.Hearts do mend also. Just dont give it up to anyone.
My family tree is a nut tree also. I am a coconut...hard on the outside...but soft on the inside...LOL :thumbup:

#15 ·
Im afraid hell turn the 30/30 on me.

The officer told me I should call before I do anything.

I dont want to get shot and Im not Blowing this up Im dead serious but Im not a coward either.

I really think his mind set is very unstable.

and thank you for the advice,it does not fall on deaf ears.

Im thinking time will cool the situation down before I make a move.

But then while the officer or the District Judge summons him,I really think he will freak out.

Hand to hand he will lose ,gun to hand I will lose.

Attachments

#16 ·
My only advise... and it comes from extensive experience with a personal family tragedy... is to leave the police, courts, and lawyers out of the picture. Once you go down that road, you will probably ruin any chance of having peaceful relationships with your family forever.

I would suggest you try to work it out a peaceful compromise, instead of trying to force their responsibility or punishment.

Life is hopefully a long-running affair for you... and the personal price you may choose to pay for a truck body, may cost you things that will become much more precious to you as life goes on.

#17 ·
So let me understand this you want to have a guy kicked out of his one chance in life to get ahead, and he is a wack job that would shoot you just for asking him to pay up. If this was not a computer and I was your friend I would smack you! Let it go you or your family does not need any of this. PUT IT BEHIND YOU MOVE ON LICK YOUR WOUNDS I dont know what else to say. Who needs that crap in their life . Like the moderator said get your truck legally and make this problem go away!

#18 ·
I did try it when he first stole my tools and was very human and understanding.

I tried I really tried I gave him time months to return my stuff on his

own,without interference from anyone. Instead all I got in return was threats

that he was going to run over my truck with his tractor for stealing my tools.
(yes that is exactly what I wrote)

I told him dad said I could keep my stuff their with his permission,my brother said to get it of HIS PROPERTY,I told him you dont own it dad does,I could never really drive the point that he didnt own the place,very weird.

I let time be on my side and thats when I took the photos of my tools in his box then I removed what I could find and took them home.

Then I stopped speaking to him for about a year but at night I would drive up and look in on my truck ,which I had permission to have there from my

Dad,and on a night in October I took photos about 16 with my digital Kodak

and kept them.No one ever called me or sent me a letter saying remove your property.the officer ask me about that.

That would be Dads place for hes the one that owns the farm, my brother lives there rent free about 15 years now ,but Dad pays the mortgage.

The place looks like a garbage dump now it recently has gotten alot worse

a mound of beer bottles and cans sits in front of the barn,easily 10 garbage

bags full.no joke

I know this hard to believe but im just telling the way I tried to stay away from a bad situation,after all I had permission.

Now Im afraid all my 440 stuff will be gone and my transmissions,if not all ready.

You guys are hot rodders and artists with your cars you understand what it means to have something to build that you really love.

No one around me understands this except my little man and hes 10 but he gets it.

#19 ·
bigblockragtop said:
So let me understand this you want to have a guy kicked out of his one chance in life to get ahead, and he is a wack job that would shoot you just for asking him to pay up. If this was not a computer and I was your friend I would smack you! Let it go you or your family does not need any of this. PUT IT BEHIND YOU MOVE ON LICK YOUR WOUNDS I dont know what else to say. Who needs that crap in their life . Like the moderator said get your truck legally and make this problem go away!

I didnt pull the trigger I didnt aggravate the situation I had no control over who did what.

My brother gave up his friend for the crime and pinned it on him,not me.

The officer doesnt think any of what he said was true anyway,several vehicles on the property had plates that he was running to see who they belonged to

I would be man enough to own up to my crimes i wouldnt cower in a corner

and put it of on some one else foot steps.

You have no idea how hard it was not to go up and relieve my anger ,but I didnt.If I did I know I would be in jail right now.
But I didnt.
Im going to let the courts handle this disgusting matter.

As of last 2 night I consider my self loner forever.

#24 ·
They did mess up real real bad, I will not do any harm to them, but I no

longer have control over the issue.This weekend has been he##.

Since firearms were involved in this incident it carries an automatic charge

jail time and fine.It is now considered a felony on what level depends on the

damage estimated.under 500 90 days prison 1000 fine.

1500-5000, 2years 5000 fine, over 5000 7 years 10000 fine. This is all up to

the judge now.

In PA the laws on firearms is very strict and carries automatic felony 1,2or3

I dont know whats going to happen now.I have to retain an attorney to sue

for damages.Maybe the judge will just fine them I dont know.

The photos were developed last night and that alone cost 70.00 :(

I had no Idea I thought it was just vandalism.I dont know what to do with

this.My brother has an assault charge from some time ago he was busted

for that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.