Just a huge thanks - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 09:44 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just a huge thanks

I just want to put forth a huge thanks to all members that have contributed to this site and kick out a special thanks to other for their daily/weekly contributions on DIY. Two that comes to mind right from the get-go are Cboy and Twisted Minis. I am sitting here at work (lunch time ) looking at the forums and you have one guy at one end of the age spectrum (no disregard Cboy ) building a car from scratch and showing us stupid ones how to do it on the cheap and what kind of equipment to do it with on the cheap, and you have another guy at the other end of the age spectrum showing how to "body drop" a truck. I just wish I was doing what Twisted is doing when I was his age and I hope I am doing what Cboy does when I get on down the road a little. Both are very talented.
Now don't others say that I am showing favortism because there is so many contributors that my half hour lunch does not let me name each and everyone. It's just that these two were at the top of the pics on the Homepage and I happened to notice. Each and everyone like that is what makes this site a GREAT PLACE And although we still have a few cans of Spam show up on the shelves every now and then, overall this place has matured greatly over the last 12 months or so. If a person has a problem, it does not take long to get an answer or two to solve it. I know I have been out in the garage before, came in, typed in my situation, and before the beer break was over, had an answer. And the answer is usually right on. So it is back to work for me and "KUDOS" to all that makes this site what it is

Kevin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2007, 10:26 AM

Last journal entry: Roller Rockers
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

You wrote what I have felt since I first came here.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Here is another build that everyone should look at if they have not seen it. It is Cadmng's homemade Hummer. I looked at this a long time ago and forgot about it. While looking at the Homepage I seen where he got it painted. http://hotrodders.com/forum/journal....ournalid=25350 Definately inspiration to all. (man I feel dumb at times compared to all of the talent )
Old 09-20-2007, 04:30 PM

Last journal entry: Dash Mock-up
Last photo:

You know Kevin, you are 100% right. The amount of talent here truly is amazing and inspirational. I don't have the hair (or the talent) to scratch build a Rod like Cboy. The amount of Fiberglass knowledge by Mike is a wonderful resource for us newbies. And darn it, I miss Doc. We have a lot of Engine, Paint and Body work Guru's, as well. Most of them are Pro's and we are lucky that they will share their knowledge with us at no charge (and you can bet it cost them a lot to learn it though).

I feel indebted to those that have helped me learn, and I want to help others-I am definitely more knowledgeable than I was a few Years ago-I was reminded of this last week when I stopped into the Tool King store in Denver and there was a guy there buying Tools and asking questions-the Clerks there were blowing smoke up his you-know-what and I was able to suggest to him some of the proper tools he might consider and discuss some Body Work tips from those who shared their knowledge here-(by the way, thanks for making me look like I actually knew something everyone!)-

Thanks for putting into words how I felt too, Kevin-

Last edited by 35WINDOW; 09-20-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Great place glad to be here
Shane
Old 09-21-2007, 08:01 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Great thread, Kevin. We were discussing this in the moderater forum, this has been a good summer for HR.com as far as content and members are concerned. I don't know of any website that has the knowledgeable members that we have here, that will actually take the time to help a fellow rodder in need. I could start listing guys that amaze me with their skills but shore enuff I'd forget one or two. Thanks for all the help I've received. Dan

Last edited by dinger; 09-21-2007 at 08:29 AM.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.