Hot Rod Forum banner

just looking

644 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pepi 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd say hi.I'm in the middle of so many things,I wouldn't know where to start.Planning on talking to a shop tomorrow about doing a valve job on the valves for a 283 that works with unleaded.Hadn't given too much thought about the gas,until I started to put a 283 in my 57 hrdtp that I had all new sheet metal replaced from firewall to rear bumper.Must have a weak bulb,because when I realized The problem with unleaded fuel with older engines,I realized I needed to talk to
some one who could solve my valve problems with unleaded fuel.I now have a shop I'll talk to tomorrow.Still trying to get the pictures of the shop doing the work transferred to a cd so I can post them.Still looking for parts.Haven't seen many new ads for parts lately.Guess I'm taking on more than I can handle.
Angel

#2 ·
not sure what the total cost of your engine work will come out too , but here is some insight. The heads will need new guides,new valves and valve springs along with the labor and machine cost. If you are having this shop do all the work and reassembling the engine, just keep in mind that a crate engine or a long block could be in order. Less expensive after all is said and done.......... even get into a 350 for the money.. just brain food for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.