Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hotrodders-site-suggestions-help/)
-   -   Is it just me and my browser? (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/just-me-my-browser-205799.html)

Greg T 09-20-2011 06:30 AM

Is it just me and my browser?

Is anyone else experiencing this ugly mess? Every thread, regardless of topic, has a strip of pictures , wiki links and knowledgebase links running vertically right through it. I'm having a tough time reading the posts. Whats the scoop?

delawarebill 09-20-2011 06:43 AM

me too..

just did this today... whats with this..???

Irelands child 09-20-2011 07:26 AM

You are not alone. Started last night for me - looks like we got "infested" by a hack bug

Jon 09-20-2011 10:14 AM

This is *supposed* to look like an animated strip of images, showcasing new image content on the site. I tested it on a bunch of platform/browser combos, but a small number of people are reporting that it's appearing vertically, rather than horizontally.

I'm working on this today, guys. Just made an adjustment. If I can't get it right for you guys, I'll turn it off for your platform/browser combos.

Are you still seeing the images as displaying incorrectly?

Also, am I correct in that the three of you are all on Windows 7 or Windows NT operating system?

Irelands child 09-20-2011 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
This is *supposed* to look like an animated strip of images, showcasing new image content on the site. I tested it on a bunch of platform/browser combos, but a small number of people are reporting that it's appearing vertically, rather than horizontally.

I'm working on this today, guys. Just made an adjustment. If I can't get it right for you guys, I'll turn it off for your platform/browser combos.

Are you still seeing the images as displaying incorrectly?

Also, am I correct in that the three of you are all on Windows 7 or Windows NT operating system?

Jon - still vertical :( I'm either on XP Home Edition or XP Pro+ depending on which computer I'm at and both exhibit the same problem

Dave W

Jon 09-20-2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irelands child
Jon - still vertical :( I'm either on XP Home Edition or XP Pro+ depending on which computer I'm at and both exhibit the same problem

Dave W

OK, thanks. Can you logout, and see if you still have the same problem?

Irelands child 09-20-2011 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
OK, thanks. Can you logout, and see if you still have the same problem?

Still there, Jon

lt1silverhawk 09-20-2011 11:18 AM

I was having the same problem at work yesterday (Windows 7, Firefox browser). If it didn't go away within a few seconds, refreshing the page seemed to fix it. No issues at home though (Windows XP, IE).

Jon 09-20-2011 11:24 AM

FYI if I can't get it to work for you guys, I'll just shut it off for you, either on a per-user basis, or per operating system.

Now try refreshing the page like lt1silverhawk mentioned, and see if that changes anything.

Irelands child 09-20-2011 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
FYI if I can't get it to work for you guys, I'll just shut it off for you, either on a per-user basis, or per operating system.

Now try refreshing the page like lt1silverhawk mentioned, and see if that changes anything.

Jon - I did - and it didn't do anything except make me look up my password :rolleyes: :spank:

Dave W

S10 Racer 09-20-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irelands child
Jon - I did - and it didn't do anything except make me look up my password :rolleyes: :spank:

Dave W

Is your browser running in compatibilty mode? I have Windows XP Home Edition running IE8 and mine works fine.

35terraplane 09-20-2011 11:43 AM

Browser

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon

Jon: I have XP at home, and I shut everything down, started back up was there for a few seconds then went up to where it's suppose to be.

When I open a new thread, it might be there, it might not, 50/50.

Bob

ogre 09-20-2011 11:44 AM

works fine on google chrome, jon.

i changed to google chrome a couple yrs ago and really like it compared to ms internet explorer. it's an easy swap; go to google and search for ''chrome''. it is a 2 min process and has the added benefit of having a spell checker that checks your typing as you type. make me type half way intelligent. :thumbup:

Jon 09-20-2011 11:44 AM

OK, thanks, working on this...

If anyone else is having display issues with the image carousel, please post in this thread.

35terraplane 09-20-2011 11:48 AM

Browser

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
OK, thanks, working on this...

If anyone else is having display issues with the image carousel, please post in this thread.

I just hit refresh and it showed up again, just for a few seconds.

Bob