just passed the 1000 dead mark - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2004, 09:43 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally posted by killerformula
Well I would assume the burden of proof would be on the conservatives... i mean, to justify the war and all. I would assume that the proof that there were terrorist ties would be so well known and rock solid that nobody would be able to refute it... and yet i've seen none produced, on this board or otherwise.

K
The burden of proof was on Saddam, not the U.S.
We's Michael Jackson and he's Tito.

Here is some of the proof you wanted, I hope this might open your mind a little. Don't fall into the "college kid" mentality. The world is a whole lot different through the eyes of those that are willing to look.
http://www.nationalreview.com/murdoc...0310210934.asp

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=31939

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1155237/posts

http://www.weeklystandard.com/Conten...3/527uwabl.asp

Advertisement

Last edited by lluciano77; 09-11-2004 at 09:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2004, 12:31 PM
current hot rod: CTS-V

Last journal entry: Lets Get Started With the Improvements
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by lluciano77

We are not insiting that 9-11 and Saddam were related.
Really cause I kinda thought Willys36 was when he posted pictures of 9/11. But maybe I interpreted that wrong because willys follow up with about 15 links that didn't show any proof of a tie, just reasons we should be there.
Old 09-13-2004, 06:14 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

9/11, Iraq, and Al Quaida are all indirectly related. Although I don't believe Sadam had anything directly to do with 9/11 he was supporting terrorism which is enough in my book to put a bullet between his eyes, WMDs or no WMDs. Each and every suicide bomber's family, up until the fall of Sadam, received $25000.00 from the Iraqi government. Not much to you and me but to a family that earns just a couple thousand a year it's was a windfall. Supplying their families with a cash payout is supporting terrorism. You don't really think he didn't do it out of the kindness of his heart now do you?

We b1tch and complain about 1000 dead in a year but we have forgotten lessons hard learned. How about Viet Nam, 56000 dead, WWII, a quarter million US Soldiers, Sailors, Marines, and Airmen dead, Korea, another 50,000 dead. Although my heart bleeds for each and every one of them, lets put this in perspective shall we...

I just came back from a visit to Gettysburg. A three day battle where 36,000 Americans were killed. That's one battle and we've only lost 1000 in over a year of war? Give me a break.

Oh, lets not forget that domestically murder accounts for a couple thousand deaths each year and lets also not forget that we kill approximately 50,000 on our roads each year. Where's the uproar about that? Hmmmmm.....

Going into Iraq was a very smart move indeed. The fact that thousands of terrorists converged on Iraq after Sadam fell was no surprise, we were counting on it. We have effectively carried the war to them. We're fighting Islamic terrorists on someone else's turf, instead of places like St. Louis and Denver. Wouldn't you rather the terrorists expend their personnel, funds and ammunition fighting us in Iraq rather than in the mid west? I don't know about you but I'd vote for anywhere but here myself.

By fighting them in Iraq we are tying up their resources and manpower while buying the time we need to seek out and destroy their funding sources and leadership. Pretty damn sound military strategy that you'll find in just about any text book on the subject.

Centerline

Last edited by Centerline; 09-13-2004 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:14 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

lluciano, Centerline,

Your wasting your time. I seriously doubt that anyone that loves Kerry (or hates Bush) would ever stoop to reading something that goes against the liberal press. Maybe one day, after they are sick of paying exsorbantantly high taxes, watching all their liberties stripped from them, seeing all the fruits of their efforts being stolen from them to give to someone that just wants more, ...eh, now I'm wasting MY time.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:53 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

lluc,

thanks for the reading, I skimmed one, but I've been busting my hump for like 3 days strait. I'll read them tonight when I get off of work and mull it over-

K
Old 09-13-2004, 11:16 AM
NEVER use credit cards!

Last journal entry: car with tt2's, (stockers going back on)
Last photo:

centerline, i think that's about the best reason i've seen so far to be there. that we have them all converging in iraq blowing the hell out of it, and eachother, rather than over here. i mean i really really like that line of thinking better than it being payback for 911. i could actually feel good about being there now.

i changed my mind. i'm glad we're there again. thanks centerline. i feel better about reading the following in the Seattle Post-Intelligencer "Linking 9/11 to Iraq called Misleading" headline page 3. text being Kerry bags on Powell for misleading America by quoting Powell on Meet the Press where Powell said "I have seen nothing that makes a direct connection between Saddam Hussein and that aeful regime and what ahppened on 9/11" DATE: Sept. 13, 2004
story by Liz Sidoti and The Associated Press
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/nation...archpagefrom=1

Last edited by bullheimer; 09-13-2004 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-13-2004, 07:19 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Beenaway2long
lluciano, Centerline,

Your wasting your time. I seriously doubt that anyone that loves Kerry (or hates Bush) would ever stoop to reading something that goes against the liberal press. Maybe one day, after they are sick of paying exsorbantantly high taxes, watching all their liberties stripped from them, seeing all the fruits of their efforts being stolen from them to give to someone that just wants more, ...eh, now I'm wasting MY time.
Let's look at this comment for a second.
"Maybe one day, after they are sick of paying exsorbantantly high taxes, watching all their liberties stripped from them,"

Who is going to pay for this record debt that Bush has gotten us into? I guess we could ask Haliburton to repay some of it with some of the money that Bush and Cheney have funneled to them with the no competition contracts! I don't like paying taxes anymore than anyone else, but I do believe that we should pay our own bills, not our grandchildren.

We have also been watching our liberties being stripped away since 9/11. Now all they have to do is say that they think you may have a terrorist connection and you loose all rights. We have prisoners that have been taken from their country and are being held in another country to avoid our laws, and they have no rights that way.

To me it is obvious that the people that believe that Bush is doing right are the ones that don't really pay attention. They don't notice all of the lies that he has made. He lied claiming the WMD, and that the had concrete evidence of them. It turned out that the concrete evidence was in his mind, because all of the intelligence agencies had told him different. He claimed that Al queeda and Iraq were connected in the attack. It was proven that he knew that to be false when he said it, but he needed that to get the people behind him. The report does say that there were communications, but that there was no other connections. I have heard the claim about Iraq paying the terrorists families, but not seen any real proof of that.

What country are we going to invade next? There are other leaders that we don't agree with. People are being mistreated in many other countries. Maybe we should invade some of them, and change them to the way we think.

What will be his big news flash just before the election?Which one of the "Big Guys" are they going to announce that has been captured, just in time for the vote?
Old 09-13-2004, 09:29 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:

Who is going to pay for this record debt that Bush has gotten us into? I guess we could ask Haliburton to repay some of it with some of the money that Bush and Cheney have funneled to them with the no competition contracts! I don't like paying taxes anymore than anyone else, but I do believe that we should pay our own bills, not our grandchildren.

There is also a record unempolyment rate. It is the lowest in 20 years. Explain that.

There is a record for most home ownership ever.

Show me one shred of evidence of Bush's involvement in Haliburton.

We have also been watching our liberties being stripped away since 9/11. Now all they have to do is say that they think you may have a terrorist connection and you loose all rights. We have prisoners that have been taken from their country and are being held in another country to avoid our laws, and they have no rights that way.

The terrorists took some our freedoms and liberties away.
Those people they took away are rapists murderers. They had no rights before we got ahold of them. Don't you get it? The extremist groups have no rights. Only religious law. They have more rights now than they did before. How about the feelings of the people that they terrorized? What about their freedoms? You know you and me?

To me it is obvious that the people that believe that Bush is doing right are the ones that don't really pay attention. They don't notice all of the lies that he has made. He lied claiming the WMD, and that the had concrete evidence of them. It turned out that the concrete evidence was in his mind, because all of the intelligence agencies had told him different. He claimed that Al queeda and Iraq were connected in the attack. It was proven that he knew that to be false when he said it, but he needed that to get the people behind him. The report does say that there were communications, but that there was no other connections. I have heard the claim about Iraq paying the terrorists families, but not seen any real proof of that.

I don't think much is obvious to you. You haven't been following up on current events. Bush did not lie about WMDs. The 911 commission's report shows this. Also, there still isn't any proof that the WMDs aren't still there. Because of Saddam appeasers such as yourself, we took to long to invade Iraq. We gave more than enough time for these weapons to be relocated.

Russia told us there were WMDs.
The U.N. told us there were WMDs.
British intelligence told us there were WMDs.
There were many other sources that said the same.

He never said Iraq was involved in the 911 attacks.

You are spreading lies!

What country are we going to invade next? There are other leaders that we don't agree with. People are being mistreated in many other countries. Maybe we should invade some of them, and change them to the way we think.

I hope it will be Iran, although North Korea deserves immediate attention. There is a new nuclear age upon us. Your aren't safe with your head in the sand. Saying that there are other countries that need attention, as an argument for going into Iraq is an extremely low I.Q. argument.

Earth to Adtkart...come in Adtkart. I understand you are afraid of going to war and the terrorist threat. Appeasing the enemy does not make things better. It most definetely makes things worse. Look what happened in Vietnam. Refraining from watching the news, reading, or researching anything in depth about current events, will not help your fears.

Last edited by lluciano77; 09-13-2004 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-14-2004, 01:17 AM
Be American, Buy American!

Even Bill (BJ) Clintonadmitted there were WMD's but he was too involved with his little honey to do anything about it. GLORY TO GOD we have a Texas Rancher that is not afraid to stand up, step up and mix it up with the terrorist.

Al
Old 05-03-2009, 05:45 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

send out a message:attack this country see what what happens,Iran sheet themselves,all of a sudden they want to make a deal,any deal they thought they were next,the biggest mistake was not taking advantage of it.FUNNY,looking back,all the dumbacrates,saying this and that ,critisizing EVERY move never offering ANY help .Now we got one in office and we know why they didnt offer any helpful ideas,They dont have a clue what to do.Now they really got things screwed up so when are they going to start blameing everyone else for that to,its coming you'll see.....shoulda voted fer John ,he was our last hope......welcome to the end!!! WHAT WERE YOU PEOPLE THINKING????????????
Old 05-03-2009, 06:52 AM
SB S10

Last photo:

maybe we ought to dig a cellar and lock ourselves in until 2012.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:49 AM

Naw,sounds like a grave to me.The polititions already dug the hole and I'm not jumping in there with them .I'll be standing right out in the open so God can spot me EZ,heck,I'll be in my hot rod waiting
Old 05-03-2009, 07:54 AM

you said it 48 bow tie,everythings bigger in texas even balls/nads,whats up with cali anyway?
Old 05-03-2009, 07:57 AM
SB S10

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbodyman
Naw,sounds like a grave to me.The polititions already dug the hole and I'm not jumping in there with them .I'll be standing right out in the open so God can spot me EZ,heck,I'll be in my hot rod waiting
funny thing is, it was the republicrooks that dug the hole.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:28 AM

Last photo:

I find it kind of odd that in years past the war was always in the news. How many men and women we have lost. How we should not be there. Bring are troops home. Now that we have a new president you dont hear that much anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.