just saw Fahrenheit 9/11 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-14-2004, 11:15 PM
Grumpy

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

just saw Fahrenheit 9/11

In shock.....

If even 50% of the first 10 mins. were true then were talking mass media manipulation at the very least. Out of words at the moment, just... I dont know. Sick.

All I gotta say is watch the movie, and how can we let this guy stay in office. scary, time for a new government.

They also need to show some of what DC really looks like, not the watergate or mall area.

Also the COM-POT bit torrent was the wrong torrent to download, it's an in theater copy and has some of the screen cut off among other things that come across the screen. Also took 1 week to download.

Advertisement

Last edited by 87442lover; 07-14-2004 at 11:27 PM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2004, 06:15 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

[color=red][size=6]And yet another impressionable mind is corrupted by the sewage spilled over the silver screen by that well known left wing commie pig, Michael Moore.[/color][/size]

Centerline

This better go to the Dump fast 'cause I suspect this thread is going to get pretty ugly pretty fast. I could do it but since I'm emotionally involved I'll leave that move to one of the other mods.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Old 07-15-2004, 07:58 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Well, the Easter Bunny told me....... so it's got to be true !! Santa Clause backed him up!! And the tooth fairy wouldn't have...

GOOD GOD !!! DIG UP THE "Facts" and verify, rather than just believing they are true !! Use YOUR MIND, not someone elses.

You do know this was a MOVIE, right? Watch out, Teminator is coming !!

Sorry to flame you dude, but patience is a virtue I do not possess. Don't take it personal.
Old 07-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

And yet another impressionable mind is corrupted by the sewage spilled over the tv screen by that well known right wing facist pig, Bill O'reilly.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:28 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by NAIRB
And yet another impressionable mind is corrupted by the sewage spilled over the tv screen by that well known right wing facist pig, Bill O'reilly.
Doesn't matter which end of the spectrum you're talking about, they all twist and fabricate facts to suit their purposes. The truth, on the other hand usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Centerline
Old 07-15-2004, 12:43 PM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by Centerline
Doesn't matter which end of the spectrum you're talking about, they all twist and fabricate facts to suit their purposes. The truth, on the other hand usually lies somewhere in the middle.

Centerline
I disagree....but I am not going to argue that points of the situation that the US/Gov't taking....You have your opinion and I have mine....they just happen to be at opposite ends of the spectrum. I think that you are alright, but you and I need to stick to bs'ing about HotRods and not politics.
BTW....I saw the movie, and have talked to people that have spent time in Iraq.

Like I said before.....wait until election time, and then go back and look at my previous post about what I had predicted.
Later,
WEIMER
Old 07-15-2004, 01:54 PM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

Impressionable? Nairb, you don't know me too well, do you? On the contrary.
I always ask that people RESEARCH topics they engage in before taking a side. Both PRO and CON to any situation. Then you can produce an EDUCATED opinion. Not watch a movie produced by a "hater", and use it to further your political agenda.
Look at Moores background. Axes to grind? Anyone can produce a "documentary". Anyone can twist facts and make them say anything they want, when used out of context. Now take a volatile, emotional period, and introduce an "Anti" movie, you will be sure to produce revenue. Isn't that why he makes films? To make money? Remove the blinders just long enough to see road ahead of you.
Bill O'Reilly? I don't watch him. Sorry. Nor Rush. Can't stand the grandstanding. 90% Showmanship/ 10% content. Same with ANY "show". Remember the key word "SHOW". Doesn't matter which side of the fence. Same with newspapers. ANY MEDIA HAS AGENDAS. Its called "audience". Each venues' "Audience" has a politcal affliation. Pandering to your audience is what keeps a subscriber base. (Tell em what they WANT to hear.) Subscriber base size defines advertising fees. Advertising fees pays the bills. So when you get your "Valid" information, remember WHERE it comes from. Then try to get subsequent information that will support it, THAT DOESN"T use the same source as your first provider. When you see controversial spin, thats your key to investigate a little further, don't you think?
So before anyone (including Michael Moore) bashes any elected official, perhaps they should be privy to the same FACTS, as that official. It truly amazes me that people are naive enough to think they are getting FACTS from the media. They get 20% of the story, and expound on the details to sound like they saw the actual reports.
READ THE FINE PRINT. READ THE OPPOSING SIDE. DON'T LISTEN TO SUBJECTIVE OPINION. Please, make YOUR OWN decisions based on the info that IS AVAILABLE. And if you still disagree, then thats OK. We are all entitled to them. Just don't do "hit and miss" media scouting and call it the facts.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:36 PM

Last journal entry: Slow progress

Yep, except ...

Quote:

Centerline
Actually, the truth is usually Worse than anybody really believes.

In the sixties, there were several publications that were claiming that the CIA was drugging unknowing and uninformed people without their consent.
Most, myself included, dismissed these claims as paranoid, drug induced ravings.

30 years or so later, under the freedom of information act, documents were released which confirmed not only these allegations, but others equally abhorant. Google "Mind Control" and with diligent searching you can find photostatic copies of documents from the Justice dept and the CIA verifying these claims. You can read the congressional records which do the same.

I suspect, if the constitution survives this and the next few administrations, that history will reveal that the worst suspected now of both sides is not as bad as reallity.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Grumpy

Last photo:

Ummm.. Well, the movie was fact, and that was the scary part.
Old 07-15-2004, 05:42 PM

Last photo:

FACTS can be DISTORTED through EDITING, through CONTEXT, etc etc etc...

Michael Moore is a buffoon getting rich on his propaganda. He isn't 100% lying, but he sure as hell isn't presenting things 100% as they are. How many times are his "FACTS" seen on the Snopes site..?

Old 07-15-2004, 05:57 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by 87442lover
Ummm.. Well, the movie was fact, and that was the scary part.
Michael Moore's facts are most other people's fiction.

Centerline
Old 07-15-2004, 06:02 PM

Last journal entry: Slow progress

Hummm

Quote:
Michael Moore's facts are most other people's fiction.

Centerline
1 vote for Threads least meaningful post.

You can rail about Moore all you want. The movie is about Bush.
Old 07-15-2004, 07:46 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Many American complain about the "corupt" conservative government. Here in Canada, we complain about the "corupt" Liberal government.

Makes you think that maybe they are all crooks.......................

Budget RVs
Old 07-15-2004, 08:47 PM

I dont plan on watching it .
Not interested in goverment stuff.
Closed Thread

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.