Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Just signed up-project pictures included.
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah, it's got a slant 6 in it

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks to everyone for all the warm welcomes. I appreciate it.

First of all, Iím going to keep the Slant Six in there. Iím planning on upgrading it with some performance parts from Cliffords Performance. Iím also going to use the tips and tricks I can pick up at slantsix.org and do whatever I can to up the performance. I think (judging by some of the articles Iíve read) that I can get enough performance out of the ďleaning tower of powerĒ to keep me happyÖ we shall see. Iíll probably be the only one with a 69 B-Body that has a Slant Six in it for hundreds of miles!

I want to paint it green when Iím finished, but Iím not sure if it will be the same Light Green (F3) that it is now, or if Iíll go with a darker green.
The interior is going to be back to stock. Iíll re-cover the bench seats, re-do the dashboard and keep the column shifter. Since it will be my daily driver, Iím going to figure out how to get my MP3 player to work in the cabin, but I have a while before I have to worry about that!

I bought a 69 Charger flip-top gas cap from someone on eBay. It has the cap, ring and filler neck (plus it was cut out of the donor car so there is a good amount of metal around it too!). I am going to buy a new fuel tank for a 69 Charger and customize my Coronet by adding the gas cap. Iíve always loved the look of that gas cap on the rear fender of those old Chargers and this will be my way of adding a custom touch to my ride!

Those are my plans so far. Subject to change depending on my imagination. This is my hobby now and I am really enjoying it. Itís a great way to spend free-time when I get it! Iíll post progress pictures as I take them.

Thanks again to everyone for your interest and encouragement. It is very cool.

~Angel