Just Thinking. - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Just Thinking.

I was just reading where the Gov. has stepped in and bailed out GMAC. It seems to me that any company that can`t keep it`s auto line in check as well as it`s financial lines in check has serious internal problems. At the company I used to work for, it was so badly mismanaged we wondered how the doors stayed open. In these companies, it seems like they can`t see that people is what runs the business, so can`t they see the problem is these people? In the company I worked for the guys on the floor knew who in the offices was to blame for a majority of the problem but of course we were powerless to get them removed. In huge companies like GM these moves should be easy. It don`t take long to figure out who the problem is in many companies, but nobody seems to want to do anything about these people. If you were running your own show as I know some of you guys are and you have a employee who is costing you business and money what would you do?
The company I worked for, being it has several plants around the country with the head being in Milwaukee, it reminds me of when I first started there. We would get orders everyday of the week except monday. We stayed on 7 days a week, and there didn`t seem to be a way of eliminating that. So I did some detective work and looked at the dates on the orders. The orders came from the milwaukee plant to us, and through the week they would give us just enough orders to keep us going, on friday we would get a stack a mile high. So I found out by looking at the dates on the orders the people in milwaukee were holding orders back until friday so they didn`t have to come in that weekend and process orders, giving them the weekend off and making us have to work the whole weekend. I got ticked off and took the problem to the plant manager. He dove in and took care of the problem. I found out there after that made the people in milwaukee have to work some weekends and they wanted to lynch me, oh well. I only use this as a example of how some people in your own company will sabatoge there own people just to get ahead, but nobody ever does anything about these people, why? It`s just funny to me how they see the problem, know the problem, but won`t do anything about it. GM should realize, the problem isn`t with the floor employee, it`s with the clowns in the offices not doing there jobs, but the clowns in the offices don`t often get fired or laid off, they usually get promoted. GM should also realize as should many other companies, when you don`t do anything about these people your letting them put you out of business. The mafia used the lever action to break into a business to take it over, just like a train, stop one car and you`ve stopped the whole train. Companies should see that in there line it`s the same way only it`s not one person stopping the train, it`s many. At my old company the sorrier you were the more they liked you, I wonder if GM has the same problem?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 PM

Last photo:

When they turned over the running of the companies to the accountants and not the car guys their days were numbered.

When you start giving profits the upper hand over quality and innovation you are doomed.

Vic
Old 12-31-2009, 07:10 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Bean counters looks at every ones job, but never their own!! It is up to the Number one man to look at the bean counters and their worth to the company. No bean counter I knew ever looked at anything but the short term benefits of their recommendations. See the word "recommendations"? The Bosses are the ones that make the final decisions unless they are spineless and just rubber stamp the bean counters, which is the case in most failing companies.

Trees
Old 12-31-2009, 07:58 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

One thing that History has proven is, if the Gooberment continues to run it, then IT WILL EVENTUALLY FAIL !

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.