Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - justdashes/trashes my dash
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2002, 10:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Unhappy justdashes/trashes my dash

i recently had justdashes re do my 1960 cadillac eldo dashpad. it cost me $1.1oo. bucks.when my dash was ready i picked it up and installed it. it did not fit..i then looked under the dash and found they gave me some one elses dash pad. ok that's why it did not fit. well..i talked to them they offered to do another dash pad. at my cost for the core; 175 bucks. i found one that fit nicely. they took it and re did it. so after two weeks i go to install the other dash and ..wow...it did not fit at the speedo assembly. the cavity was to small for the unit to slide in to it. i then looked closer and saw blue vinyl...hmmm. that's funny my dash is black. i then relized the horrific reality of the situation, they simply re coverd right over my old worn and cracked core. they did not tear down all the old padding and vinyl. there website will clearly say they take all worn cracked material off. well the the build up of new vinyl with my old worn vinyl reduced the size of my dash cavity. i was accused of being a whiner by erwin. he actually had the nerve to tell me that it is the option at justdashes to remove the old worn materials that they clearly state on their site as bien crap. so they go over it? they do not ever say they have the option to use four decade old materials for a foundation.has anybody ever had any problems with justdashes? i will meet with erwin on monday the 11th of feb. i will let you know if they take care of me or drag me through crap. if you send them your dash make them earn your money by doing what they promise. tear all the old stuff off. if you send them a dash tear it down to the metal and engrave your name on it. will let you know monday.