Hot Rod Forum banner

justdashes/trashes my dash

46K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  Meet-Joe-"Dart" 
#1 ·
i recently had justdashes re do my 1960 cadillac eldo dashpad. it cost me $1.1oo. bucks.when my dash was ready i picked it up and installed it. it did not fit..i then looked under the dash and found they gave me some one elses dash pad. ok that's why it did not fit. well..i talked to them they offered to do another dash pad. at my cost for the core; 175 bucks. i found one that fit nicely. they took it and re did it. so after two weeks i go to install the other dash and ..wow...it did not fit at the speedo assembly. the cavity was to small for the unit to slide in to it. i then looked closer and saw blue vinyl...hmmm. that's funny my dash is black. i then relized the horrific reality of the situation, they simply re coverd right over my old worn and cracked core. they did not tear down all the old padding and vinyl. there website will clearly say they take all worn cracked material off. well the the build up of new vinyl with my old worn vinyl reduced the size of my dash cavity. i was accused of being a whiner by erwin. he actually had the nerve to tell me that it is the option at justdashes to remove the old worn materials that they clearly state on their site as bien crap. so they go over it? they do not ever say they have the option to use four decade old materials for a foundation.has anybody ever had any problems with justdashes? i will meet with erwin on monday the 11th of feb. i will let you know if they take care of me or drag me through crap. if you send them your dash make them earn your money by doing what they promise. tear all the old stuff off. if you send them a dash tear it down to the metal and engrave your name on it. will let you know monday.

See less See more
#2 ·
I had the dash in my '86 Monte Carlo done by Just Dashes. It looks fine, although I didn't know they where going to dye or the paint the vinyl in order to get match the original color. I was a little disappointed in that, it doesn't match, but it's close, but for what they dare charge they should dare to do thier best. If you look back through the archived posts you'll find one that has about a thousand responses about this very issue, and there seems to be alot of bad relations between Californians and the rest of the Country.

#11 ·
Around awhile???? Like 9 years old!!!

optiontown,

Classified ads are NOT allowed in the forums. Please read the rules.

#14 · (Edited)
Things have changed...

Hi Hot Rodders,
Just Dashes has been in the classic automotive restoration industry for 30+ years, and we've gone through management and process changes since this post was created. I can assure all our future customers that we have a very strict restoration and quality control process. With regard to our restoration process, we NEVER make a core swap without consulting our customer first. As soon as a package comes into our shop the first thing we do is write our customer's name on the parts and photograph all contents of the box.

Every restoration job is unique and handled a little differently from the next. For Late 50's to early 60's Cadillacs specifically we take off ALL the old material (vinyl and foam), and bead blast or deep clean the frame depending on the frame condition. After bead blasting we lay down a new foundation of high density polyethylene foam and then vaccuum form a skin of vinyl around the newly foamed structure. From there we put the parts through an extensive vinyl dying process, to make the part whatever color our customer needs. If our customer is not happy with a color we mix for them, we are more than happy to take care of the issue and get them what they want.

I hope I've addressed any and all issues that have been brought up here. I'll be keeping my eye on this post, if any of you have any questions.

Thanks,
The Guys at Just Dashes :thumbup:

#20 ·
I think in this case of protecting your rep. it should be .
as it's way to easy to bash a vendor..
the o/p never put up photo's of the said dash..
and because he didn't show any proof, and the bash shows up in search. maybe it should be tossed.. or at least a mod's note that there was no proof show, and take the post for what it is..

I have a just dash 3 gauge pod dash cover for my 71 c-10 it's almost 10 y/o and still looks new

#17 ·
FWIW, I sent Just Dashes a totally worn out, cracked, thrashed, piece of junk Trans Am dash for a buddy of mine. This was back in about '90 or so.

I had heard of them but had not seen any of their work in person, so needless to say I was a little concerned. IIRC the cost was around $400 but I could be off on that as it wasn't my dime, so to speak.

In any event, the dash we got back was better than original and there were no problems w/it in any regard. I hope the new management/process changes result in as good of a dash as what I received.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.