Hot Rod Forum banner

Keisler Engineering

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Joe G 
#1 ·
Hello. My name is David Jones and I have a 1969 Pontiac GTO.
Last year I decided my car needed a transmission swap from the Turbo 400 it was born with to some sort of manual transmission. After doing a good bit of research on what was offered I decided on a TKO600. Since at that point I'd never read anything bad about Keilser, I went with them.
I can tell you that that was a huge, months long, problem filled mistake.
In addition to being a member here I'm a long time member of the Performance Years Pontiac forum. As I was beginning the trans swap I started a couple of threads that were to be a simple threads about my transmission swap experience. The intention was for them to document the whole process of swapping from an automatic to a manual transmission in an A body. While my threads are full of good info on the mechanical end of the swap, they are also full of real world details on dealing with Keilser Engineering.
The 1st is the ordering ordeal... http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...ghlight=tko600
The second is more mechanical, but still full of horrors.
http://forums.performanceyears.com/f...ghlight=tko600
If you are considering using Keilser for a future project I sincerely suggest you read my entire thread. It's reeeeaaaaaal long but it could save you a lot of headaches...and it also has some pretty good info on swapping from an auto trans to a manual.

See less See more
#2 ·
David;

I appreciate your honesty and trying to share your experiences. However, the link doesn't work for me. Anyone else?

To add; I just had a customer call about a Keisler unit in his mid 60s vette. It was supposed to fit and he had a bear of a time, ended up cutting the tunnel and repairing it under the carpet. Still more trouble and expense; not to mention cutting an original car.

However, people have plenty of positive experiences with those OD units.

Nate

#4 ·
Hey David,

Is this the thread you were linking to?

TKO600, the Odyssey Continues..... - PY Online Forums

For what it's worth, I received a letter from Tremec about a year ago informing us that the relationship between Tremec and Keisler is no more. I had two T-56's and a bunch of accessories on order from Keisler at the time, and I did eventually get it all....but it took nine months.

Hope this helps......:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.