Kerry will continue the war! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2004, 06:38 PM
Short changed on common sense

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Kerry will continue the war!

To all of the people out there that are in the "No War For Oil" mindset I have some bad news for you. John Kerry said today that he will continue the war if elected.

With all of the Bush bashing that has gone on, Kerry had to bring himself to admit publicly that the war was necessary. He basically said Bush was right! This very well could be the fatal blow in the public opinion of Kerry.

The majority of his supporters that I have talked to are the "peace at all costs type". Kerry just shut the door on all of them. Now he has to somehow come up with a way to make people believe that he can do a better job with Iraq and the Arab nations. So far all he can think of is to drop our drawers for France and Germany. As if we need their support!

Advertisement

Last edited by lluciano77; 07-29-2004 at 06:46 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2004, 06:48 PM

Who cares anymore, they are all gunna take over Iraq, its not the president who makes these choices its their advisors, who constantly reccomend it until it just happens.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:55 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Of course the war will continue. You can't just do an abrupt about face due to an election. I do believe, however that Kerry intends to change maybe some of the policies and plan an exit strategy. I would hope somehow that the current mission of self democratic government continues since we have already bought the farm anyway.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Last photo:

Sure you can.

The only thing that would stop us would be France and Germany seizing the opportunity's to blame any repercussions on the U.S.

Oh, and the fact that we would be abandoning all of the people we just saved.

If you could go back in time would Kerry have done a better job? Hindsight is 20-20. He can look back and pick at what happened, but if he had gone with the United Nations way of dealing with the problem, nothing would have happened.

Doesn't anyone remember the events leading up to this war? The United Nations proved its complete ineffectiveness. France and Germany proved their hostile intentions towards the U.S..

The United Nations concluded that Iraq was a threat and did nothing. The United Nations before that, allowed the Bosnian/Croations to be slaughtered, along with people in many other regions.

Kerry has no new ideas or angles to tackling this problem. He hasn't come forth with any plans. The only thing he has done is try to make it look like what he plans is the right thing, even though it is what Bush is already doing. The only difference is Kerry wants to include our former allies, who have more than proven their intent to do harm to the U.S..
Old 07-29-2004, 08:48 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

Bush has no answers either. We went from 70 million dollar oral sex investigations with Clinton, to terror attacks, economic collapse and war. It's all happened under George's watch. Sorry, but it's true. All these things have befallen us under the current administration- you can say it's Bill Clinton's fault, and that is the current answer to all of this, but I was living better under Clinton's watch.

I don't believe everything trickles in from the previous administration. I hold George and company responsible. There are alot of things that have to change. I won't say I'm a huge Kerry fan, but I believe that Kerry is more capable than Bush and far more intelligent. I think George is on par mentally with Dan Quayle or Ronald Regan during early stages of alzheimers. I'm sorry, but the man can't hardly speak publicly. He's got a teleprompter for cryin out loud and he still screws it up. He's an embarrasment to a great nation.

Okay now, I've put on my bullet proof vest, fire away!
Old 07-29-2004, 09:48 PM

Last photo:

you actually think the terrorist attacks wouldnt have happened if somebody else was in office ? I hope your kidding Mr. Moore.
Im not a big fan of GW, although Im generally a republican/conservative. but I have yet to hear anything that Kerry can do better, oh, he has some nice things to say, but never says how in the world he can make it happen.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:24 PM

Last journal entry: Grille
Last photo:

well bush started this crap so Kerry will have to finish it, theres no way he could just pull out of there and just leave it as it is, he'll have to use stronger force unlike bush. Keep attacking all those al quaida and crap like that till theyre all dead, no feeding those ******* iraqi's we dont have enough sources for US citizens for crying out loud.
Old 07-29-2004, 10:37 PM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

at least Kerry had the balls to go to Nam, more then i can say for Bush who hiding behind his daddies $$$$ & served in the Guard(nothing against them) and NEVER seen any type of battle other then what to eat or wear... i'm not saying Kerry is any better, but when you have those folks who we elect are getting everything handed to them & keep taking from us & that means you also, i'm just a tad sick of it.
amazing that if you are an elected official you get so many PERKS, like millions every year for retirement & health care that you dont pay for & that in itself is ..
my main ****** is the health care we DON'T get, i know a lady who quit her job because she couldn't get any type of health care through her job, WHY, because they only worked her 25-30hrs a week which meant NO insurance(her husband is disabled). she has a serious health problem where they have to put a drain in her head because fuild builds up & the only way she could get help was to quit her job & go on disability & welfare. &&&& if she didnt get this taken care of she would most likely DIE. Now does that sound right to ANYONE?????????? NOOOOOOOOOOO it doesn't. here we have a woman that WANTS to work but can't because she has a health problem BUT no insurance to fix it.. it makes no sense to me that we help others around the world but our own goverment turns its back on the very people who elect them...
like in Kerry's speech, why are we building firehouses in Iraq while at the same time we are closing our own. as far as I'm concerned SCREW them all cause WE COME FIRST. not some damn country who for the mose parts hate us..
and as for France well ******* them too cause if it wasnt for the good o'USA they would be speaking German. as for Germany (& all 4 of my grandparents came from Germany) SCREW them too, they are just a bunch of pissed of KRAUTs because they didnt get a share of the action & hell they should THANK us for tearing down that DAMN WALL & for rebuilding their dumb ***** in WW2.............. but then that just my opinion & opinions are like a$$holes , everyone has one & some just STINK! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

&&&&&&&& yes i do blame GW Bush for our price of gas, since he & his buddy's control most of it in the USA.. hell i want to know why we (the tax payers) paid for the Alaskan pipeline, since they told ua all it would END our need on imported oil.... YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sure & i have a bridge to sell ya too....joe
Old 07-29-2004, 10:45 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by mitmaks
well bush started this crap so Kerry will have to finish it, theres no way he could just pull out of there and just leave it as it is, he'll have to use stronger force unlike bush. Keep attacking all those al quaida and crap like that till theyre all dead, no feeding those ******* iraqi's we dont have enough sources for US citizens for crying out loud.
Go back and read what happened.

Clinton started this mess. He could have killed Bin Laden, but didn't. He was too easy on the U.N. and allowed Iraq to reach its threatening potential. Does anyone here realize Iraq was 6 months away from developing nuclear weapons? How about the fact that Jacques Chirac helped Saddam's weapons program?

Clinton also rode the .com boom like the rest of us. He had nothing to do with our economic surplus.

Kerry use stronger force? He says he will use all of our nation's resources to fight the war. Okay? Then, why did he vote against funding for our troops.

Kerry says he is a decorated vet. He served a 4 month tour. He received 3 purple hearts for wounds that didn't require hospitalization. He was there to satisfy his juvenile ego and when the going got tough, his rich daddy bailed him out. What about the middle class he said he will strengthen? He left the middle class troops behind in Vietnam when he went home. Then, he defaced our government, putting all our troops in Vietnam, in more danger. A real F'n American hero. He should have been exiled with his comrade Jane Fonda.

Kerry said in his speech that he was going to fix all of these Bush caused problems. The problems were already there before Bush, and Kerry sure as hell didn't have any workable plans to talk about.

It would be like me saying to everyone on this board, "I am going to make you all millionaires, and you will never be sick again". It would sound good, but I have no way of following through with this plan. Neither does Kerry with his plans. He gave no mention on how to achieve any of his goals. He had a whole hour and not one explanation.
Old 07-29-2004, 11:33 PM
A Half Crippled Old SOB....

Last wiki edit: GM RPO build codes Last photo:
Location: Cahokia,IL..... Donate Blood Products & Sign your DONORS CARD
Wiki Edits: 5

Quote:
He should have been exiled with his comrade Jane Fonda
everyone know thats a bunch of BS too, he was never photographed w/her & never had a thing to do w/her back in the days of Nam & every pic you see of them together is FAKE.

Quote:
He was there to satisfy his juvenile ego and when the going got tough, his rich daddy bailed him out.
this could be true BUT like i said at least he was there, was Bush??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote:
Then, he defaced our government, putting all our troops in Vietnam
ok show us & tell us HOW....... o yes i guess he didnt have the freedom to speak out against a war he seen 1st hand

Quote:
Kerry use stronger force? He says he will use all of our nation's resources to fight the war. Okay? Then, why did he vote against funding for our troops.
most likely because the "OIL BARON" wanted to give stuff to his buddies that had NOTHING to do w/the funding... i guess ya never heard of "PORK" being added on to things...

mmmmmmm read it folks in black & white... http://www.factcheck.org/article.aspx?docID=155
amazing what you can find it you REALLY look

The Bush ad says Kerry "voted . . . for military action in Iraq" and then "voted against funding our soldiers." In fact, Kerry did vote ( http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=2&vote=00237 he voted YES) October 11, 2002 to grant Bush authority to use military force against Iraq at his discretion, and a year later Kerry also voted against Bush's request for $87 billion to fund military operations and reconstruction in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Old 07-30-2004, 12:47 AM

Last photo:

That is exactly what I said. Kerry voted to send the troops over, but wouldn't vote to fund them.

I know the picture with Jane Fonda and Kerry is fake. I am referring to their similar anti-America agendas. That caused our troops lives to be lost. Any kind of sympathizing for the enemy in war time is going to put our troops in danger.

Kerry enlisted in the Navy. There were a lot of people that joined the Navy during the Vietnam war thinking they weren't going to be in the line of fire. They didn't expect to end up on patrol boats.

Where is all of this god damn oil everyone is talking about? This war wasn't over oil. Anyone who perpetuates that nonsense is absolutely ignorant. This war started when Iraq invaded Kuwait back in the early 90s. At the end of the Gulf War Iraq signed a treaty that allowed us to keep track of their weapons program. Since they, along with the help of France and Germany, were hiding their weapons programs and information, it gave us the right to go back in and engage them militarily.

If the UN would have lived up to its purpose, we would have been able to keep Saddam in check. But, because of the jealousy of France, Germany, Russia, and others towards the U.S., we could not effectively track the WMDs.

We gave Iraq 20 chances to comply with the treaty they signed, but Saddam gambled that Bush would be too scared to deal with the consequences of breaking away from the U.N.. His gamble didn't pay off obviously.

Bush had every right to go into Iraq when he did. It was an absolute last resort to go in. Iraq has been evading the inspectors for 10 years, and has had weapons of mass destruction according to the UN.

Kerry says he won't send troops unless he knows it is absolutely necessary. Well, in this case it was, and he still opposes it. Kerry will vote to send our troops into battle, but will not vote for money give them life saving equipment. If he has some extraordinary plan, then why couldn't he at least mention part of it tonight? This was his biggest and most important speech.

Kerry has no visions, or plans. He can't begin to come up with a way to do things better than Bush. Considering how unstable the Arab nations were before this conflict. I think Bush has done an excellent job.

Did anyone get a chance to hear the roaring silence when Kerry proclaimed that the war would continue under his rule? All of the sh it in pants liberals got a double fill tonight. It was like a poop du joir. They though their buddy Kerry was going to lead this country with our tail between our legs out of Iraq. For a second there, after he said that I thought I heard crickets chirping.

There goes half of Kerry's following.

Last edited by lluciano77; 07-30-2004 at 12:47 AM.
Old 07-30-2004, 01:34 AM
Kenneth Howard hates you...

Last journal entry: door pics smaller
Last photo:

Blah,Blah,Blaaaaaah...Does it even matter anymore? Pick the lesser of the 2 evils and be done with it. They are from the same family and the same 'secret' society, so I would say that they have the same agendas. Just like every other election in history, Say whatever it takes to get in the door and then do what you want afterwards. Just like to Liesure-suited used car salesmen....Feed you a line of BS that they think that you want to hear....then after you buy it....they are laughing their way to the bank and you are stuck with a POS!
Who's voting for Nader? Just curious because you guys don't seem to think he is in this also.....
I'm gonna vote for whoever I think can pull off the best scam that benefits ME.....
Later,
WEIMER
Old 07-30-2004, 06:41 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

lluciano77, Your wasting your breath, brother.

EDITTED PRIOR TO POSTING

Wasting my time..

(lluciano77, I'm with ya man!)
Old 07-30-2004, 06:50 AM
Old Salt

Last photo:

No matter who ends up being my boss soon, here is the real deal:

CNN had an interview with the IRAQ Soccer team today. The quote of the day that I enjoyed the most was "We are now free."

The member was saying things about the lack of freedom and prior pressures and now that is gone.

Dutch
Old 07-30-2004, 07:07 AM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally posted by NAIRB
....We went from 70 million dollar oral sex investigations with Clinton, to terror attacks, economic collapse and war. It's all happened under George's watch. Sorry, but it's true.
Not so. The Clinton investigation took place prior to Bush being elected. Clinton was still in office. Although the rest did happen under George's watch, he really had no control over it. The poor economy was mostly caused by the 9/11 attacks combined with a minor recession. (Recessions are a fact of life and on average happen once or twice every 10 years no matter which party is in power.) You may think you lived better under Clinton, but I suggest that you and the rest of us are paying less taxes under Bush, I know I am.

Going to war was the correct decision based on the intelligence Bush had at the time. The CIA, MI-6, and Russian Intelligence all insisted that Iraq had WMD. This combined with the fact that Iraq had proven the willingness to use WMD and had been assisting terrorists (not necessarily Al Qaeda) by paying the families of suicide bombers $25000 just as an example, all added up to the decision to get rid of Sadam. The fact that all three intelligence agencies were wrong about WMD not withstanding, Bush made the right decision based on the available information.

Centerline

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.