Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Keyless Entry System
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 11:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Keyless Entry System

I've just installed a REC-43T keyless entry system and I'm having problems programming the buttons. According to the instructions, I'm supposed to push the programming transmitter button and the unit chirps 4 times followed by a long chirp. LED will light, which it does. According to the instructions it is ready to receive the code. I release the transmitter button (LED is still on) and proceed to push the 1st button on the key fob whereas it is to beep once and the LED is to flash once, indicating that the 1st button code is learned; then 2 times for the 2nd button code, 3 times for the 3rd, etc. My problem is that when I go to program the 1st button, the unit beeps twice (instead of once) and the LED goes out so I cannot program the rest. Could there be a malfunction of the unit or am I missing something. I've emailed the tech dept. but no reply as yet. I know that this is a familiar unit to some and wonder if anyone can shed some light as to what I'm doing wrong. Their website is Omega R & D - Car Alarms | Remote Start | Vehicle Tracking | SmartPhone Interface and their manual is there if anyone wishes to advise me as to the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated