Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A kid bought my pickup and threw a rod in under an hour.. how?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 02:03 AM
Registered

Wiki Edits: 0

Its nice to be caring but I think it was on him. Sounds like a simple case of *hey I just picked it up...friend: the truck with the 350? Buyer:yeah ill be at your house in 10. Gets there friend hops in....lets see what it will do smoke em*

When I was in the sport compact phase I tried to run a motor into the ground while the motor/drivetrain I wanted to put in was being built. I tried everything...I put 15000 miles without an oil and/or filter change and without adding. Ran it a week straight with no Radiator pressure cap and only adding water. All of this was done with 75% of the time being under as much wot as possible everywhere. The day of the swap the oil smelled rich and was only dark no coolant leakage no globbing and started right up. but then we put the new one in which was actually of the same block and tranny just different internals and bolt ons for a direct swap...kind of. Long story short...alot of details I left out.....I would imagine that happening would only be due to high pressure stress for a good amount of time. ive seen alot of autos throw were under alot of high temp stress.....hot rodding around then winding it up to 140 and holding it for a while then taking it back down to park then show off and rev up and boom....friend did that. Another example was a tire warm up then sit then hit it and boom. I could go on and on lol.