Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A kid bought my pickup and threw a rod in under an hour.. how?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 11:41 AM
Registered

Wiki Edits: 0

I agree. Its the crap happens thing. Im still considered young by many but I have mellowed out alot being 31 than when I was younger due to lessons learned. Being younger heightens the threat of issues. Whenver I go to shows and cruises without fail majority of the people showing off are younger people the small percentage are the rich old people that either have no respect or dont care having the money to back their rash decisions up. Not saying it leaves us when we get older it merely dims because who doesnt enjoy a burnout or neck snap from lift or hittin through. The want and need are just lower plus with age comes knowledge of limitations so fewer problems are to be had before they even start. If the motor was solid before test drive I bet it initiated during the test drive because who doesnt torture an auto at least a lil bit during a test drive probably created a hairline crack so when he bought it he put it under higher loads of stress and there she went. No matter what though when an auto is bought used from a private party and something goes wrong its a chalk it up situation because no one has xray vision to see any problems internally of anything. Dealers are responsible only out of warranty covered autos. Its up to the buyer to decide to chalk it up or purchase an extended warranty if the auto is marked As Is/No Warranty. Alot of insurance companies are now into that with offerings of breakdown relief as well.