Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A kid bought my pickup and threw a rod in under an hour.. how?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2013, 12:50 PM
1950 Chevy Pickup custom!

Last journal entry: Dash
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Gearhead, I'm glad you are playing devils advocate here, I can give a little more detail. The guy, though he is young seems like a stand up honest guy. The whole reason I brought this topic to this forum is because I want to give him the benefit of doubt based on his apparent sincerity. On my end, the reason I am selling the pickup is because I was using it as a daily driver while my girlfriend drove my 07' Silverado during the winter, she just bought a car in November so now I have my 07' available for me to use. The 77' was getting driven once every couple weeks just to keep the fluids circulated and it sat in the driveway. I just don't need it any more. It really did run great. The whole reason I rebuilt the motor is because it had developed a knock so I parked it. When I pulled the motor apart it looks like I stopped driving just in time as there was a large chunk of the casting around the wrist pin on one of the pistons that was gone and 3 pistons had broken rings. I had the pickup for about 7 months before the knock started.. as far as state laws in Montana, the bill of sale does not require a no warranty disclosure. There is no warranty unless stated. I didn't sell the guy a lemon, this was just bad luck or abuse so far as I can tell.

Tech inspector, thank you! I am glad to serve!