Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A kid bought my pickup and threw a rod in under an hour.. how?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:28 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillerystevens View Post
Vinnie if I was going to be around at any point in the next year I would do that, by I just started another 1 year deployment to the middle east. For anyone who cares to know, I found out what happened. The gear shift indicator is off on that pickup and falls somewhere between the N and D while in drive and is pretty well lined up on the D when in second. apparently the fact that it never grabbed 3rd gear never caught his attention. And he ran it at 60 mph in 2nd gear for about 10 miles. That pickup has 4.11 gears and is full time awd. So end of the story is that it wasn't blatant abuse, it was ignorance. He didn't really know much about older vehicles and common quirks we are probably all well versed in. If I had been there I probably could have shown him a thing or two and avoided this situation all together. I feel bad for him, but I can't really do anything for him unless I want to pay for it. I've made plenty of ignorant mistakes before, and sometimes they get expensive. Live and learn.
and I'm guess'n you were not the one that showed him the truck..
cause if you did.. your failure to show him that.. kinds puts you on the hook.. and what 78 chevy is awd?