Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A kid bought my pickup and threw a rod in under an hour.. how?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 08:00 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap72 View Post
Am I the only one who realizes when you buy a used viehicle from a non-dealer you're taking a gamble?

Puts him on the hook for what?

This entire thread is FUBAR, a guy sold a truck, the new owner broke it, not the original owner's problem. I've bought quite a few cars this way and the thought of me even considering notifying the previous owner of anything is laughable.

Some of you guys act like you never bought a car before.
sold a truck with a faulty shifter that he KNEW about.. that caused the failure.. I know when I put my truck in "d" I'd think it's in "d" not low 2
I'm sure the new owner should've just known this trucks shifter was off.. and what rpm it should run at ,at 60,mph.. if there even is a tach.. to show the rpm's
cause all you guys knew it all at 19 right??
seller knew of issue, and didn't disclose it.. causing new owner (not knowing about it) to put the shifter in "d" like anyother automatic and drive off..
ya.. sorry.. because the seller knew about the problem.. ya he's wrong.
I'm sure the seller ment no harm but the fact is he knew the issue and he knows what could happen if left in 2nd gear and driven down the hyway, unlike the new driver that had no clue..