Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - A kid bought my pickup and threw a rod in under an hour.. how?
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 10:00 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Working with chromed bolts
Last journal entry: New to me T-Bucket
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by artillerystevens View Post
Well this thread certainly got a little heated. I appreciate all of the input gentlemen, from both sides. As I said at the beginning I am just trying to do the right thing here. After all of this I am fairly confident that I didn't put the motor together wrong. Did it hold up as well or as long as it should have? Obviously not, but I was honest with the guy throughout this whole process, before and after purchase. As far as the shift indicator, come on.. he test drove the vehicle and said it ran "excellent" and wanted to buy it. That little piece of plastic didn't even cross my mind. And maybe I am a little callous in saying this but if he couldn't figure that one out he didn't have any business buying an old pickup and should have went with something more familiar. I feel bad for the guy, I really do, but at this point I don't believe I did any thing morally, ethically or legally wrong. Sucks the motor blew, sucks he didn't know better, sucks that he didn't have anyone with him that could explain it. But I guess this is just one of those "**** happens" situations. Nailhead mentioned getting the pan dropped to figure out what happened. I actually presented that idea to him the day after it happened and he brushed it off. I told him if it was abused it's on him and if I assembled it incorrectly I'd give him $1200 which won't cover the motor, but that's what it cost me in machine work and parts to rebuild. Anyways, thank you again for all the input. Talk to you all again in a year when I get home and break something on my 50'!
Save your $1,200, keep your head down, bob and weave, see ya when you get back...thanks for your service.

Midnight Sun Street Rod Association