Hot Rod Forum banner

Kids and trouble

2K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  Ghetto Jet 
#1 ·
You ever notice that when kids get into trouble either one will tattle on the other that was causing trouble or the one that knew about the trouble being started...his whole demeanor will change to the point that he either just wants to keep his mouth shut or he just acts like I'm out of site out of mind. Just an observation from kids in the hood. Of course the last time it happened one burnt the shed to the ground and the other just hauled cahonies home and was like "who me?" Just makes you wonder what they will become later on in life. Who else knows any kids like this and has yours ever acted like that?

#2 ·
three of my exfriends were always into trouble, usually minor things until the oldest(three brothers) got to be around 12, then things started to get gradually worse. they started into drugs, they started into breaking into abandoned houses, then eventually houses that were not abandoned.they got heavy into drugs. they got caught by the police all the time. their parents did the best that they could to try to keep them out of trouble. the oldest was the type of person that would get tight lipped, and wouldnt say much, mean kind of guy arrested for asault,(tied up some old people) breaking an entry, theft of property(car,valuables).he later got out on parole, but things didnt work out, and he was arrested(and put in prison for two consecutive life sentences) for double homicide(stabbed two people to death). the youngest, not quite as tight lipped as the oldest, is still in trouble with the law, last i heard he was arrested for drug trafficking(havent had an ear open on his other stuff) and looks to be going to prison for a few. and then there is the middle child, he was the kind that if he got caught he would rat on the others, he was always getting pulled along into his brothers' plots(he was more a follower) last i heard he was still getting caught for minor drug offenses, but he, of all his brothers has made the most progress in making something of his life. i feel for his parents, losing two children to the prison system, they tried everything. i got pulled into a few of their plots, but somehow never anything major, i never got caught, i could see the pain and unnecessary danger that was created and i have left my past behind me. your childrens freinds are their biggest influences(like it or not).do your best to make sure they pick the right ones.

dime quen son sus amigos y yo digo que classe de person tu es (tell me who your friends are, and i will tell you what kind of person you are)

chris

#3 ·
i could agree with that, but not knowing anything about these clowns it's hard to pin it on anyone but since all three were bad i'd have to say that apples dont fall far from the tree. another proverb i'm a believer in is :sometimes a kick in the *** is a step in the right direction. and none of these guys, esp. the first one got that needed kick in the *** at the proper time. another thing is if the first one was molested it can permanently f them up too. maybe mom was druggin it up or drinking while she was pregnant. hard to say. maybe mom and dad were just plain stupid, or didn't believe in beating their kids. not all kids need to get beat down, but some do. spoil the rod. jeez, you'ld think i was some kinda bible thumper all these verses i'm quoting.

btw, your quote isnt true and YOU seem be proof of that,--unless you are on a prison computer :D

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: bullheimer ]</p>

#5 ·
I was in quiet a bit of trouble when I was a teenager.I got booted from school all the time and had a wise mouth that evan I would belt,now.They gave me several options for attending school one as a night school,one schooled from a year long suspension or to attend a trouble makers school. After being booted from regualar school and sent to trouble makers school I was seperated from my crew so instead of being a wise@ss I would cut class and skip school. I skipped so much school,118 days in one year,that I was asked not to return and dropped out the next day. I got dragged into robbing a,what we thought was abandoned house's garage when I was about 13 also.
The thing I think stopped me was the guitar after a while I cared so much about becoming a good player,that I didn't have time or interest in being a little bastard anymore,allthough I still did my share of **** I never ended up in the can or did more than a joint or a beer :)

[ March 03, 2003: Message edited by: 78 monte ]</p>

#6 · (Edited)
Its Part Of Growing Up

I was in and out of trouble from 12 years on i am 58 now and still have to work hard at bieng good.where i live i am 10 min from Ducktown Tenn. You can buy beer at the drive thru window of Dino,s bar and the Copperhill police dept is right across from it about 30 feet at most away.No drivers license needed no I.D. needed. We have always street raced, fought , drank, shot at and cut with a knive.The ones that were the worst i mean absouletely bad turned out the best. My proud self incl. We live well here in the mtn,s . You can not rent a house or buy property here unless you or recomended by a local native. This is the home of Wild Bill Elliott, { 30 min away in Blairsville Ga., Dale Earnhardt sr. for many years} Junior Johnson and numerous others. we all raced together My uncle Sonny Ledord dead now killed by a fellow Moonshiner on hwy. 64 in Murphy n.c. Ayway he raced head to head with Richard pEtty on dirt tracks that are still running here in the south. There are no bad kids just bad situations. Yeah i been locked up a time or 2 and my relatives let me spend 1 night and 1 weekend in jail. That finally broke me.I think if we could punish our children, grandchildren etc. like we were beat we would all be better. oh well enough ranting lets go line em up and race to Dead Mans curve {yeah its a real curve named that} its close to Panter town next to Hells Holler and Hanging Dog. i really enjoy talking to you guys and invite any and all to my hot rod heaven for a visit.Oh by the way Wild Bill Elliott will be on this site before long. If you figure out who he is never ever ask about nascar racing. He just turns his back and says he,s gotta go. But he relly loves cars. He has just finished a 428 69 cobra jet black/red int. its really a handfull to take my word for it.
H.O.

#7 ·
I didn't get into much trouble when I was a kid. We moved too often for me to get into a "bad" crowd of friends. I went to 14 schools from K to Grade 12. I must say I am very proud of my kids. They're nowhere near perfect, but they've never caused me any problems besides the sibling rivalry thing. My one son smoked dope for a few years trying to self-medicate his depression. He learned though that all that did was screw up his head even more. I finally was able to get him out of the house to get help, and he is on the proper medication that he needs and is doing very well.

I have a step-son who has ADHD and a psychopathic personality. All he did was cause trouble. The police were constantly at my door or phoning me. Even with treatment, he didn't do well. He quit school after Grade 9, but finally graduated when he was 26. I don't consider myself a bad parent because of what he did, as he had a disorder that nobody could really fix. He'll never be 100% normal, whatever that is, but as he gets older I see more and more improvement with him.

I worked in adolescent psychiatry for many years. My boss often said there are no "bad" kids, but many "troubled" ones. God knows I've met enough of them over time.

Some troubled kids come from terrible homes, and their parents have no parenting skills at all. Often the parents are too drunk or stoned to care about what their kids are up to, or to worry about what is happening to them. On the other hand, kids can come from very good homes, and still end up in a lot of trouble.

One thing I'm tired of hearing is that children from broken homes are the ones that cause all the trouble. I can't agree with that, as I raised my kids on my own for 10 years, and teacher's and neighbors used to tell me what good kids I had.
I don't think it's fair to compare kids from single parent homes to those of two parent homes.

#14 ·
BBCMudbogger said:
You have got to stay on them and watch em like a hawk. Plenty of *** beatings to generate respect and to show that yes there are consequences for your actions.
Oh yea, that's the key to quality parenting.

In ways I was a "bad" kid and still am to some degree. I'm intelligent enough to avoid getting in trouble though. If I do get nailed I have a knack for talking my way out of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.