Killing stories - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2003, 08:04 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Post Killing stories

Lets hear all those stories of how you tried or succeeded in Killing and engine on purpose . I personally tried to kill a 305 in a 87 Monte Carlo SS , for reasons I will not explain here , but anyways ........ I brought the car in the shop one day at 9:00 am , put it up on the hoist , drained all the oil (left the filter on)and then started the car . I looked at my boss and said 10 minutes thats all I give it , he said 20 idling . After about 30 minutes car was still running without a single rattle or anything so we started to rev it up some to speed up the process , nothing , over an hour into the process of reving the thing up to 3500 + still nothing , absolutely unbelievable ! Now the boss decides to take it for a drive , so he does and drives he crap out of it , now when he gets back to the shop its making a bit of noise , sounds like a few noisy lifters so we just leave it idle and I work on another car expecting to hear this thing get louder and louder but to my amazment its gets quiet again , I yell for the boss he can't believe it so he goes again and come back and says to me theres no way I got all the oil out and I say put it up and lets pull the plug again . Once the car is up in the air I pull the drain and about 3 drops come out , now we look at each other and start laughing because its been over 2 hours and it still runs and quietly too . Well its time to go for another drive again say the boss and he does , and he comes back with it rattling again but its just lifters , so he says just let it run , its gonna die sooner or later so we do .
After lunch the dam things still running with a bit of noise so the boss says go for a drive and I do , boy do I ever , I drove the living crap out of this thing , never took it out of 1st gear , gone for about 10 minutes , and I did it I made it knock , yehaaaaa ! I woulds have never belived it in a million years , but this is absolutely 100 % true I did it , seen it , lived it . After we had a definate rod knock we poured the oil back in and shut it off . The next day we started it back up and WOW the knock was 10 times as bad but it still ran .
Almost 5 full hours with no oil , amazing !

Advertisement
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2003, 09:32 PM

shows you the QUALITY of CHEVY products.... if it was FORD i give it 10-15 minutes LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2003, 12:21 AM
banned

If you really wanted to kill it you shoulda put sand in it... just wait til me and neil finally gets the vids here
Old 01-15-2003, 03:40 AM
Tazz

Last photo:

I don't understand this? Why not just use c4 and a cap and be done with it?

Todd
Old 01-15-2003, 04:38 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

You crazy Canuks, you'll do anything for a laugh or to kill time waiting on the beer run guy to get back. Next time call my x-wife and tell her to take it to K-Mart and back. That woman can ruin a free lunch
Old 01-15-2003, 06:45 AM

Back in 1969 my brother owned a 1949 Ford truck with an old flat head V8. He decided one day to destroy the engine, so he parked it, put the tranny in neutral, put a concrete block on the gas pedal, started the engine and sat down and waited for the engine to blow up. It was running flat out (no pun intended!) He waited a couple of hours, and it just sat there screaming. He got bored, left and came back several hours later, and it was still running full bore. He left again, and returning several hours it was not running, so he looked for a pool of oil under the engine. No pool of anything. He attempts to start it and it rolls over quite nicely. So he puts a couple of gallons of gas in it, and fires it up again. It runs the rest of the day and part of the evening on that gas and finally rus out of gas again. He gave up. Someone stole it several years later.

Benji
Old 01-15-2003, 06:47 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

A buddy of mine in the high school days had a 51 ford p.u. that I sold him, he wanted to drop a sbc in it but dad said no, the flathead runs too good for that. He lets a week go by, drains the oil while dad's at work, holds the pedal to the metal for about 45 minutes, it finally quits. He fills it back with oil, dad comes home, tells him the flathead took a dump. Dad goes out to see, flathead fires up without so much as a knock. Dan
Old 01-15-2003, 08:30 AM

Last photo:

I like to fill big gulp cups full of oxy-acet. and light them on fire. Its waaaaay more fun! (gathers a crowd too)

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.