Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - knock sensor question
View Single Post
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 09-15-2004, 06:10 AM
TurboS10's Avatar
TurboS10 TurboS10 is offline
Registered User
Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Texas
Age: 39
Posts: 3,463
Wiki Edits: 2

Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Alot of guys use what is called a hobbs switch to activate thinks like water on turbo engines. They can be set to close the contacts at a certain boost range. You may be able to get a switch like this that is designed for vacuum instead of boost.

My local Carquest carries Hobbs switches, but I have never looked close at them to see the range. They are on the shelf with the guages.

Reply With Quote