Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Is Knowledge Base included in a Search?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 08:36 AM

Last journal entry: Finished
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Is Knowledge Base included in a Search?

I can't tell for certain. Is the data in the Knowledge Base included when a person uses the Search function - or does the search only include the discussion forums? My impression is that it only the discussion forums are included.

If the KB is not included, is it possible to include it? There's a ton of good stuff in there which would be very helpful when doing a search.

Also, with the great addition and popularity of the Project Journals to the site, we are amassing some excellent reference info in that area of the site as well (just take a look at Beenaway's or Willy's journals to get a hint of the great wealth of knowledge that is available there). I don't believe this section of the site is included in a search either (correct me if I am wrong on that). Many answers to many questions, with pictures and illustrations to boot, are right at peoples' fingertips. And it would be nice at some point in the future to include these in the search function - or to have a separate search function for that area.

Dewey