Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Kobalt Air Compressor
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2005, 06:46 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

I agree with the above, and with the "shady" advertising...but, if anyone has looked closely at compressors in the stores, the will have seen that most, if not all, are listing in large numbers the "Peak" hp and smaller on the tank, the "Continuous" hp. I saw it at Lowes on the CH Workforce compressors, I saw it at the Tractor Store on Ingersoll Rand Compressors, and I've seen it at Home Depot on the Husky compressors. I don't believe any of the companies are above selling in this manner. Don't impulse buy, do some research, and get the most for your money. I think you will find that for any of the major brands (CH, IR, Husky, Kobalt, Craftsman) you will find similar specs at similar price points. Basically, if you only have $400 to spend, find the best for $400. Compare the amps, which is located on the motor tag, and the cfm, which most compressor list somewhere. And, it can't be said enough, stay away from the direct drives!!!