Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Kobalt Air Compressor
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 06:16 PM
Jeep XJ and a Javelin

Last wiki edit: Compression test
Last journal entry: August 9, part III
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
Chevelle-1.75@115 is definitely realistic but since this is a homemade outfit you would need to measure the output with a flow meter to know how much air it produces. The direct drives are not only loud but the real problem is that they generally have a very low CFM output, run really hot and are not very durable, they just simply wear out in a hurry.
/\My ancient air compressor may max at 80psi, but I think it's going to outlast that loud pos at my grandma's house. I thought Grandpa knew better than to buy a crappy air compressor. But I know grandma has a deathgrip on their spending habits.

details about my air compressor: it's belt driven, has a big (2.5/3 feet long, 14 inch diam) speedaire tank, as I said before ancient Westinghouse motor, ancient refridgeration unit from a store freezer. It weighs a ton but is pretty quiet, and seems to go from 0psi in the tank to 80 pretty darn quick. It's quiet and has a neat "put-put-put" sound to it.

I'll post pics sometime when I dig it out of my dad's garage, he has one that I use since it's kinda stupid to have 2 air compressors hooked up in one garage just to do "normal" things (fill tires, occasional impact wrench, not much else).