Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Kool and not so cool hotrod Fads??
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 09:31 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,224 Times in 1,079 Posts
I can be a trendy guy as much as I love to be or see the very different. In that regard I remember really liking the mono-chromatic look at the time. Now, oh hell now. But at the time it seemed like a perfectly fine mod, at least they weren't chopping them up and putting upside down wheel barrels for hoods and shifters sticking out of the roof of a way over chopped and sectioned body.

The tinted drag car windows only bring back a very bad memory for me. There was a guy here in town who bought and sold vintage cars and parts. In his back yard he had a bunch of VERY desirable cars. The prices now just make me ill. Even then they seemed very reasonable even though I couldn't afford a free lunch at the time (I was about 18).
But among his cars was a VERY nice finished blown Hemi powered 32 Ford two door chopped and fender-less sedan. It was purple with purple tinted windows! Price, $1200. Every time I see a tinted window drag car I can see that Ford sitting there in the yard.

Brian