Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Kool and not so cool hotrod Fads??
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 05:34 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleVision View Post
The one I hated the most is the "Everything one color"
I guess it's referred to as the mono color scheme. In the 90's that was going on strong and I couldn't stand it. There is nothing special or stand outish about a vehicle that's all one color. It hides the lines and overall just looks plain stupid as what's make looking at 1 color special?
I noticed here lately some are trying to get back into it. Hopefully it won't hang around. In the 90's I stopped buying magazines because every car featured was 1 color. Paint over the chrome, paint the grille, the wheels. I seen one that was so bad the only thing on the whole car a different color was the gauges. As for todays day and age I can't stand this jack the car up so high it looks like a 4x4 and install 26 inch rims on it. I've seen many that sat way higher than my pickup and my pickup is at stock height. For the sake of looking cool I don't know how they can stand it. Very little rubber under the vehicle makes it ride ROUGH. Also the super stiff suspension makes it even worse. Me, I would never give up riding comfort for style.

Mono chrome, it is still alive and popular as ever, look at darn near any "ratrod" or many other rods with the flat black theme.