Kool and not so cool hotrod Fads?? - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by texastomeh View Post
Am I the only one that is sick and tired of SKULLS being on everything from shifters to valve stem caps to paint jobs to mirror hangers to antenna toppers to ........???

Tom
You know what's funny about those? It wasn't that long ago you couldn't find one! When my brother built his roadster he wanted one, this was 1995ish. He found one somewhere, an aluminum skull at a swap meet but the back half was flat to bolt it to something, it wasn't a shift knob, one of those was NOT available anywhere, new or used. He had the back of the skull built up with weld, then ground it round and had it polished, drilled and tapped a hole to screw it onto the shifter. He also fully polished a set of Torque thrusts, they were one of the only sets we had ever seen. It seemed like it was no more than a month now looking back at least when 50% of the cars at the meets had a skull shifter and or polished Torque thrusts (now the torque thrusts are out of style already).

Brian

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 10:32 PM

Last photo:

Saw a really neat bumper sticker the other day.

" One Man's Trash is Another Man's Treasure, but One Man's Turd is Just Another Pile of Sh--"

Of all places; it was on a Rat Rod!

Tom
Old 10-08-2012, 10:35 PM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,167 Times in 1,029 Posts
LOL, appropriate!

Brian
Old 10-09-2012, 08:03 PM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:

Always liked a nice mag on the back and baby moons on the front. Big and littles of course. Or just a nice rake.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Semper Gumby

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

What I always hated is the ones where someone customized and then couldn't stop! Made more & more changes and changed stuff just for the sake of changing stuff.

My own preference:

Don't change ride height by more than an inch

Do NOT use the 3 foot tall wheels with a single rubber band on 'em for a tire

I don't mind the "dipped in black paint" look on some cars, but it just doesn't do it for most cars.

I hate billet anything - always have

Some cars should NOT be customized - the original designer nailed it. Others need help. Some just can't be made to look good no matter what is done (or by who)

I don't see the purpose of airbags - if its too low to drive it, it just looks stupid, so why have a way to lower so much as to look stupid when its parked??
Old 10-10-2012, 09:44 AM

Fads.

I hate the craze of using 20" wheels with small rubber band tires. It really looks stupid. And a wing on the back, Really? about the only cars that look right with a wing or spoiler is a Porsche Carrera or old Trans-am. When I see a wing on a honda or other ricer it's a shaking head moment, the driver is usually texting while driving and has talks about having "NOS". Hey stupid, It's Nitrous Oxide, not NOS. Rat-Rods, I like'em. Just as long as they are safe and built correct. There is no justification for unsafe steering or brakes.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.