Krist Kustoms Needs Your Input.....Please and Thank You - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2006, 11:04 AM

Last journal entry: The Chevy Bench Seat - Part 52
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I think we've all probably seen more questions in this forum about door panels, dimensioned and otherwise, and headliners than any other interior topics. When it comes to door panels, creating the design, executing the design, and finally mounting the finished panel are probably the most common. As for headliners, I'd say the same applies - especially one-piece headliners.

I also think JeepTuff has a great idea about the DVD. Ididit might have a problem with a speaker recording and selling DVDs of a presentation at one of their events, but a DVD created at your shop might be something that could be considered. I'm not suggesting you take time out of your shop schedule to produce a series of videos on "how to do it yourself and thus avoid paying me to do it" videos. But maybe as projects come along at your shop that involve the more basic issues you see posted here could be covered. I.E. a short video on exactly how your shop deals with mounting a finished door panel on a steel-bodied car versus a fiberglass-bodied car. Or, as mentioned before, how you deal with upholstering around corners to avoid puckers and wrinkles, (I know this one - it involves CAREFUL use of a heat gun, and a bit of practice,) and tricky areas like hinges and door latches. Or even regular care and maintenance of our interiors once we have them finished and are driving our cars. Anyway, you get my drift.

I'm sure a local video production company (or even a friend with a good quality DV camcorder) could do the video work for you, and Lord knows I'd gladly pay $39.95 (plus shipping and handling of course) for a video demonstration of such knowledge. Anyway, it might be something to think about.

I've only seen photos of your work, Shawn, but what I have seen blows me away. I only wish I lived closer to Ididit so I could attend your seminar.

Kudos to Ididit for doing this every year, and for recognizing true talent in asking Shawn to be a featured speaker!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2007, 01:34 PM

Last photo:

Wohoo lucky me!!!!!, I just happen to run across this thread today, and being that I live 6 miles from Ididit I called and danged if they don't still have room for a few folks so look forward to meeting ya there,
Barry
Old 02-17-2007, 05:23 PM

Last photo:

Shawn - thanks for as great demonstration today at Ididit, very well put together and thought out... I really appreciated it. You and Jenna did a great job... the only suggestion is if ( you need to) you do it again , bring a trailer full of plactics, foams, and other materials to sell... I'm absolutely sure you could have picked up a couple grand really easy!!
Barry
Old 02-18-2007, 05:51 PM
First name...............Shawn

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by goshawks00
Shawn - thanks for as great demonstration today at Ididit, very well put together and thought out... I really appreciated it. You and Jenna did a great job... the only suggestion is if ( you need to) you do it again , bring a trailer full of plactics, foams, and other materials to sell... I'm absolutely sure you could have picked up a couple grand really easy!!
Barry
Thanks for coming out, and thanks for the compliments. I thought about bringing some product to sell, but i wanted to keep this like a free informative seminar. I would have felt kind of weird ending the presentation then saying OK i have stuff to sell come buy it!!! My motivation was to help some guys out, not to make money, and that would have just sounded like i was there to sell some stuff.
Old 02-18-2007, 06:22 PM

Last photo:

Nay Shawn , won't let you off that easy<G> There are a bunch of guys that had their eyes opened to how this is done ( a least some part of the way-it really can't be that easy!! ) that will be pouring over the yellow pages , knocking their heads against the wall trying to find the correct products locally w/o paying half the price of the stuff in shipping.

I think you would have made a whole bunch of us REAL happy to be getting good stuff while 'the iron was still hot'. So on a scale of 1 to a 100 you get a 100 anyway but it sure would have been nice.
Thanks,
Barry

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.