Hot Rod Forum banner

L-98 to L-31 engine swap

853 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mnmechanic 
#1 ·
99 S-10 4.3 to L-31 they have the same fuel injection system. thats the main reason I went with the L-31, for stock appearance. I am using a LT-4 hot cam & kit. Port matching the heads & intake. Will the mass air sensor & throttle body flow enough for this combination?

#2 ·
If you haven't gotten the information already, the short answer is yes. You might be able to squeeze more out of it with a better intake and carb, but there are people running bigger (not much bigger) cams than that one. Just make sure the heads can actually handle that lift.
Where I'm getting this knowledge is that I was doing a similar swap and had originally wanted to go stock EFI route but was convinced that the intake would not breathe at higher rpms. There's no doubt it's RPM-limited but it seems to be enough for a lot of guys that are running 218 224 duration cams.
Pretty sure you'll need a V8 computer for that, but you probably know that already.

Hope you get all the help you need

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.