Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - l2304 .100 pistons on vortec heads
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 06:32 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

l2304 .100 pistons on vortec heads

I have a set of vortec heads ready for high lift camshaft (springs,retainer to valve guide clearance ect.), I have a set of new trw pistons with .100 domes L2304, the block is not deck and the heads mill them a lit a bit just to clean them, some people says that the piston will hit the dome in the spark plug boss or because the heart shape of the head they will not fit, I know it will be better to use flat tops and that 10.5 to 1 is too much for the street but the car is not a daily driver and I don't care to use high octane since I will not use the car much or lower the timing a lit a bit in order to use 93 octane, now the question is will the plugs fit my vortec cylinder head if not what modification do I have to do, cut the spark plug boss a lit a bit or the dome of the piston, please help, a lot of people says a lot of things but haven't find a person that actually have use the combination and know for a fact that it will work, I'm thinking of using a camshaft of .525 of lift witch is not that big and don't think will hit, my big concern is the dome and the spark plug boss please help.